Here's is a list of known issues with their work-arounds.
Missing settings stopping upload.
1) You click upload and see:
a) The blue line goes across the top
b) The counter count up from 0% to 100%
2) Nothing appears on the server AT ALL
CHECK THESE THINGS:
1) Check all dropdown menus in ALL Inspectors have a valid selection
a) You've selected a category (under the SoundSet Inspector)
b) You've selected a reverb setting under each element (OFF is an option)
c) You've selected a Playlist order under each element (this is the most common onw)
- cross fingers and try uploading again
A broken sample is stopping Syrinscape from starting
1) You get the message: "Fatal Error! Failed to execute script manage"
2) Syrinscape won't start
Maybe you've got a broken sample in the data base and that's stopping it from starting.
Find this directory (your Creator Cache):
C:\Users[yourUserNameGoesHere]\AppData\Local\Syrinscape\Syrinscape SoundSet Creator
Find this file (the database file):
Open it with this sort of editor:
0) Shut down the Creator completely (select both QUIT and SHUTDOWN from the Tray Icon)
1) Go to the Browse Data tab
2) Select SoundSets_sample from the drop down
3) Click on the transcoded_audio_file title heading to sort by that
4) Find if there is a sample entry that has no transcoded audio file
4a) You can try sorting by other columns as well
5) Select that entry (a row)
6) Delete the record by clicking the Delete Record button
Close the DB Browser and select SAVE to save your changes
Try running the Creator again?
Here's a YouTube video showing the fix for this prob:
Latest version of Syrinscape SoundSet Creator?
Current version of the Creator is:
You can find this version number at the bottom left of the Player Window (little blue window)
You can always download the latest version from the link at the top left of the homepage when you are logged in (as a SuperSyrin)
Can't upload a 2nd SoundSet
When you are uploading a SoundSet by clicking the little cloud, you SHOULD see a percentage count from 0% up to 100%, if not then something has gone wrong.
If this is the 2nd SoundSet you are uploading, you may need to clear the 'stuck' upload zip from your Cache.
1) Shut down the Creator completely, using both SHUTDOWN and QUIT from the tray icon
C:Go here: \Users[YOURUSERNAMEGOESHERE\AppData\Local\Syrinscape\Syrinscape SoundSet Creator\media\export
2) Delete everything in this folder
3) Restart the Creator
4) Cross fingers and toes
5) Try uploading again.
Last one second of sample being cut off
Sometimes, if a sample is longer than 10 seconds, the last second will be lopped off cause a sudden stop in what you are hearing... this ONLY happens once the SoundSet is uploaded to the server.
Work around: when creating loooong samples make sure you add 1 second padding of silence at the end of the sample when you save it (before importing into the Creator).
Longer term fix: we will fix it.