I've uploaded a soundset, but get "No Active Soundset" when I try to Download a campaign - FIXED

I’ve uploaded the soundset and even see it as available in My Campaigns. I add it to a new campaign and try to download it in the Fantasy Player, but I get the message “No Active Soundset” when I click on its name to begin the download.

I’m probably doing something wrong. Any ideas?

Hi,

What’s the SoundSet called?

Ben

So you created your own soundset? Did you check, if you have chosen a player designation for the soundset (Fantasy, Sci-Fi, Boardgame are possible choices) in the Creator?
Can you download other soundsets without problems?
Have you tried downloading it without adding it to a new campaign? When you open the Syrinscape player, choose “All Soundsets” in the upper left corner and scroll down the list. Your self-made soundsets should show up at the bottom of the list.

Hi guys! Ben, the soundset is called TOX Level 3A, I uploaded it with no problems (so it appeared), but when I added it to My Campaign called Tomb of Xykorus it appeared in the All Soundsets list. When I clicked on the soundset I see the message “No Active Soundset”.

I have uploaded and downloaded soundsets successfully before.

I’ll double check that I chose a player designation when creating the soundset. And I’ll try to download as not part of a campaign. Unfortunately, I am at work and will have to check on it later.

Thanks!

Hi James,

I see your SoundSet on the server, BUT it has no samples. elements or moods, which means something went wrong on import.

Have a check of these things (in the creator):

1. You have set a Categoryin the SoundSet inspector (eg Fantasy, Sci-Fi…)
  2. Are there valid selections for all dropdowns in all elements (check esp Sample Play Order).

Fix any gaps you find and then try another upload.

Also check this thread for other things that may help:

Let us know how you go! :smile:

This is the biggest soundset I’ve created so far, so there are a lot of elements and several moods and dozens of samples. When it uploads it certainly takes its time, so it seems to be uploading a lot of data.

I have the soundset under Fantasy.

All elements appear to have legitimate working samples. Can you clarify any the issue about sample play order? Most elements have the sample set to shuffle and repeat playlist.

I double checked everything, I deleted the campaign, deleted the old soundset from my soundset list on Syrinscape web site, deleted the old export data, and uploaded TOX Level 3A again.

My Fantasy Player still does not show it in the list of All SoundSets.

I just want to get this data on my laptop. Any way to transfer this data over to a SoundSet Creator install on my laptop?

OK. Soooo…

There seems to be missing sample:
CreatorSoundsetImportException(“Sample file ‘samples/e8a21b594a3af25cba642d9fbf258fef.ogg’ does not exist in archive”,)

Can you open the zip that should be sitting here:
C:\Users[YOURUSERNAMEGOESHERE]\AppData\Local\Syrinscape\Syrinscape SoundSet Creator\media\export

And send me the json that’ll be in there.

I’ll then be able to to tell you the name of the broken sample… which you can remove and reimport.

AND/OR

Take the steps here:

Oh and yes, there is no way of moving the data except via our server.

So the problem sample is called “Tiger roar”

Why don’t you try deleting the sample completely, and uploading again.

If you want it added back in after, I can do that for you.

NOTE: This upload may have failed at the FIRST broken sample of many… we’ll discover that soon.

If so, check:

1. All samples are wav 44.1K 16bit
  2. NO META DATA

See these threads about meta data:

Let me know how you go!

Fixed! Thanks for all the help. I deleted Tiger Roar and a couple of other samples that failed to verify and uploaded the soundset again, still no go.

Then I went through a lot of samples and found one (1!!) .wav file with metadata (creation date) and removed the date. Uploaded and it worked!

Thanks again.

2 Likes

Oh, that is really good to hear!

Thanks for your persistence and calmness! :smile:

PS We are working on making the Syrinscape importer able to cope better with a range of different files with a range of different quirks… so these sorts of problems should gradually recede as we get further along the line.

• leaps back into the code