Creator - Sample import failure - FIXED

I keep trying to import a 16 bit .wav file 44100hz, and it says it was imported, but nothing shows up.

Bottom left says "Warning: sample ‘xxxx’ failed to verify

Not sure what to do here…

Hi @goldeninkblots,

Might your sample have some naughty meta data?

Some good info here:

Helps?

Don’t forget: if you’re using Windows 10 you can delete all meta data in the file properties and don’t need to use any third party tool.

1 Like

I tried clearing all metadata from audacity. I’ve also tried the delete personal info option in windows (though I’m still on win7). Still wont work

interesting… I changed the filename to lala and it worked… but I can’t drag and drop it into a mood…sigh

1 Like

Also, if I don’t put anything into the search bar for the sample library, the sample will disappear, but I search specifically for lala, it shows up. Is this normal?

1 Like

What was the original name of the file?

You can click the little symbol on the at the top right corner of the sample to add it to a playlist. You don’t have to drag and drop.

Not meaning to be cheeky… but have you watched all these videos?

There’s lots of good info in there that might save you a few more confusions. :smile:

Don’t hesitate to ask here too of course, there are lots of nice people who are happy to help.

@goldeninkblots There are a few things you have to watch out for, that can cause “erratic” behavior.

Walk me through here:

1. you made a sample/used a sample and made sure it is in the right format (WAV, 44.1K, 16bit, no meta data)

2. you imported it into the creator. When using the search function it is shown, if you clear the search term, nothing at all is shown or only your sample isn’t? If you have quite a lot of samples, it can take some time plus you have to scroll diwn manually to see all entries. Also the sort algorithm works… strange at times. You might want to double check.

3. you can’t drag it into the mood of your choice. That’s not surprising as you can’t add samples to moods. Samples can only be added to elements, which can be added to moods. This can be confusing at the beginning, but once you have understood the basic structure, it really is a piece of cake.

There’s another tripwire though: before you can add the imported sample to anything, you have to verify the ownership of the sample. When selecting the sample inside the creator the sample properties open. Roughly in the middle there’s a box you must check, wether it’s your own sample, a CC0 samples or if someone has to be attributed (CC3). Without checking that box you can’t add the sample to anything.

Those tutorials Ben linked are really helpful and clarify a lot of things. Plus they are entertaining, so watching them is highly recommended.

If you have further questions, ask! :slight_smile:

3 Likes