SoundSet Creator Upload won't upload - FIXED

Great glad its sorted and thanks @new_vision for helping to fix it. I’ve just come out from watching Rogue One (which was amazing) and its great to see that you got it all working! :smile:

2 Likes

Oh Yay! @ivellios_mirimafea!!!

That’s great to hear.

Two things you can note from mre (which you’ve now probably worked out already.

1. A SoundSet can take a little while to process on the server after upload (up to 20 minutes even… if it’s really big.
  2. Your new campaigns won’t show up in the play until it does a RELOAD (periodically.
  3. You can trigger a RELOAD under the settings menu (little cog)

All sense makes?

Hi Ben,

Ive gone through the files on the Welcome to Ravenloft soundscape that I added, theyre Wav (44.1K and 16bit) and dont have any metadata. The rest of the samples are from syrinscape.
Ive done everything else with it, restarting soundset creator, deleting everything in the media export folder. It goes all the way to 100% but nothing on the player even after a couple of hours.

Should I export it and send it to you directly? I need it for next week ideally but totally understand if you cant do it as its holiday season.

Let me know. :slight_smile:

Yes. Send me the export.

In the meantime. Look in the inspectors for anything that looks weird.

I’m seeing some json not valid errors on the server, which are probably you?

1. Reverb setting “Carpetted Hallway” can be difficult.
  2. Check that the SAMPLE PLAY ORDER has a valid selection from the dropdown options.
  3. Make sure the Element Playlist (in each element) seems to have only valid whole entries of samples that actually playback.

Hi Ben,

Ive checked through all those things but havent found any culprits that are causing the problem, Ive sent you a private message with the dropbox link for the soundset.

Sean

Still have problems with upload. I do close creator, clean export folder and run, then upload and in the log I have percentage progress… but even after 1-2 hours, I cannot see them in the campaign manager on the page :frowning:

Nevermind - didn’t pick which player soundset belongs too…

1 Like

Ah thanks for letting us know. So now you have picked the player does it work ok? That might be part of the problem others have had.

Yup, I mean, the export foder needs to be empty - so when I tried to upload second soundset in the creation session I had to reset creator anyway and clear the folder.

But when creating new soundset one must pick whether it is for Fantasy, Sci-Fi or Board player. I know, I didn’t have to do that 2 months ago when I created my first set for sci-fi - it was left empty then and worked. Maybe now it is required.

1 Like

Thanks @seanbaxen

I’ll check it out now!

@seanbaxen

Looking at your SoundSet.

1. Make sure you have set a category for the SoundSet to appear in = under the SoundSet Inspector–>Category select an option from the dropdown menu
  2. If that doesn’t work, select an actual reverb settion for each element (OFF is an option)
  3. am still looking for more probs, in case I can find more. :smile:

Looking at Ivellios’s problem above, choosing which player to load into definitely causes a problem if you leave it blank. That’s something I wasn’t previously aware of but worth remembering.

Ben, so do you want me to try and upload it again, or are you going to upload it on your end?

I’ve tried at my end and am still getting a json error, which means there’s a broken setting somewhere in your interface.

1. Try setting each of the reverbs to an actual settings (OFF being an option).
  2. Set the Category to Fantasy
  3. clear Export directory (like usual)
  4. Have another go uploading
  • crosses fingers

Ok that seems to have worked :slight_smile: Thanks for the help and have a wonderful Christmas :christmas_tree:
Im off to celebrate by murdering my players in Castle Ravenloft :smiling_imp:

Hooooooray!!! :smiley:

So what did you actually change?

1. Just the Category?
  2. Or those reverb settings as well?

I’m going to make a known issues thread.

I changed both, category to fantasy and there were a few that had nothing selected in the reverb so I set it to something.

1 Like

Mine only uploads once I have logged in. It doesn’t upload when I click the button. Once its completed uploading, it still doesnt show up on my player. I spent a whole day attempting to get it to work and uploading them, and even left it overnight. It still hasn’t shown up on my player.

I have tried running as an administrator, restarting my computer and even loading on different devices. No matter what I do, it is not showing up on my player. Can anyone help?

Hey man,
i guess you have checked here for a possible solution for your problem?

Is the uploaded soundset showing up here (you must scroll to the bottom, as your own soundsets are listed at the end)

https://syrinscape.com/account/campaigns/

Has the upload and corresponding download into the player worked for you at some time?

Are you sure, all used samples have the right file format (WAV, 44.1kHz, 16bit, stereo) and NO meta data attached?

Hey @infamous_aku Sounds like it ight be worthwhile contacting us directly on support at syrinscape dor com which specifics (name of set, upload date) all that sort of stuff and we can check it out for you on the server.

When others have had problems: theres often been an easily identifiable prob with the SoundSet (broken sample, missing setting etc).

There are no other failures on the server at this time, so only SoundSets with actual problems are not appearing.

Does all that sense?