SoundSet Creator Upload won't upload - FIXED

I keep trying to upload my soundset, but every time it counts till 100%, I wait a few more minutes (I waited for up to an hour), check if it is synced on my other devices with no success. I saw someone else had this problem, however theirs seemed to be resolved with removing everything in the “export” folder. I did that probably 5-6 times tonight and still no luck - it is not syncing with any of my devices. Am I doing something wrong? I have a game on Sunday (day after tomorrow) and would really like to be able to use the soundset :frowning:

Hi,

Try now. Can u c your stuff?

I have the server a kick!

Yes! It worked! Thanks so much!

hmm I actually just checked it out and it seems a few of the elements did not upload… and also the moods themselves are missing, it is just a list of elements not organized in any way (which is possibly just how it works at the moment?)

Have you checked if your uploads show up in the campaign manager? If you log in at the Syrinscape main website you see in the top row an entry “your campaigns”. Go there, choose all and scroll down to the bottom. Are your uploads listed there?

Soooo, there were five versions of “Dom’s refuge” on the server. I made the first one visible, but maybe you needed the fifth one?

You should see the 5th on now?!

If it’s still wrong, do a restart of the Creator and upload again.

By the way, after you shutdown, make sure this directory is empty:
C:\Users[YOURUSERNAME]AppData\Local\Syrinscape\Syrinscape SoundSet Creator\media\export

Let me know if that works.

Aaaaand SORRY about the upload bugs, we are still working on them!!!

Thanks for all the help! I do see mine under “Your Campaigns” at the very end.

It looks like the Soundset is still missing a few elements, but no worries, I’ll fix it up on my iPhone. Thanks again for the help!

You could try to upload the soundset again with the steps Ben told you (quit creator, clear the folder, restart and upload again). If you see them under “your campaigns” you should be able to delete them to avoid double entries. But if that works and the upload doesn’t, you will have nothing to download in your additional devices and you must run it from the creator.

Hell all,

I am having similar problems with the soundset creator, well actually two.

1. I cant delete sound sets that i add as a test, I am in my campaign and use the delete button and they are not removed. even after a reload and browser history delete.

2. I cant up load my latest sound set Temple Air 01. I ve tried several times and deleted anything in the exports folder.

Thanks
shawn

Hi @shawnkaw, firstly can I ask what operating system and web explorer are you using? I use Edge and have had similar problems but found that I could delete (sometimes) on Chrome. I know a few of us have had problems and the dev team are looking into it at the minute. If you need them manually removing Ben can do that for you when he’s around.

With regards to uploading there seems to be a bit of a problem for a few off us in that soundsets wont upload on the first try. you’ve mentioned the export folder so you may have done this anyway but try hitting the upload button, and hit agree and then wait till the blue bar goes across the top of the screen. Once that’s done close the Creator and quit the program from your task bar and then open the program again. hopefully as soon as it loads up the file will start to upload. Again you’re not alone with this problem and I know they are trying to fix it.

Oh and I should add that if this does work for you then once its uploaded check your export folder is empty so that it does not upload again next time you log in. I uploaded 8 of the same file before I figured that one out! :blush:

hope that’s of some help! :smile:

Hi @shawnkawa,

So, yes, several people can’t seem to delete their test SoundSets. Sooo just let me know which one’s you’d like gone and I can do that myself for you manually.

As for the upload, I see “Temple Air 01” on the server, but it just never completed processing. That happens to about 1 in 10 SoundSets at the moment. I’m trying to give it a boot right now.

Maaaaybe there’s something in the SoundSet that’s confusing our server. We are building in better error logging now, so we can see more clearly just what is killing some of the uploads.

THANKS for you patience! :smile:

OK @shawnkawa,

Have a look now!

Is it working for you now?

hi guys thanks for quick replys,

I am on
windows 10 pro 64bit
chrome latest,
2.0 Gig i7,
256 ssd hard drive,
8 gb ram.

I did everything but what Ben did worked for now. ill have some more to upload in the next few days so ill do all the sets and then just try em when their all ready. for the ones that i want to delete i can leave em up their for now and ill monkey around and see if i ever get them deleted and ill let you know what worked or didnt. If you guys need me to test something let me know i am more than willing to help.

PS Ben you videos crack me up !

thanks
shawn

1 Like

ok so the one Temple Air 01 thats up their isnt right and so i tried to put up their Temple Air 01a to test to make sure those sounds are right and it seems that it dosn’t want to load also.

Ha ha! Oh the joy!

*puts on heavy boots

“One moment!”

[quote=“benjamin, post:6, topic:1421”]
By the way, To upload a 2nd SoundSet, you might need to 1) Shutdown Syrinscape, after you shutdown, make sure this directory is empty:C:\Users[YOURUSERNAME]AppData\Local\Syrinscape\Syrinscape SoundSet Creator\media\export
Then restart.[/quote]

Have you done this @shawnkawa?

hi sorry got pulled away but yes i did that a few times to see if i could get it to work I can try in explore and see if that will work.

ok tried it in explore it was a no go.

DId you just copy it straight in?

You’ll need to replace [YOURUSERNAME] with \ + your username + \

Yes?

Be