SoundSet Creator Upload won't upload - FIXED

Like New_Vision said double check to make sure that all of your samples are of the correct format and don’t contain any meta-data. Also once the upload reaches 100% have you tried totally shutting down the creator (including the taskbar) and then re-opening it. I found that a couple of my sets seemed to load up fine after doing that.

1 Like

I am having similar issue. I click Upload to Cloud, Agree to terms and then load bar goes from 0 to 100% and… nothing happens. I should see it in my campaign editor, but it is not there (should I wait some time for it to update?). I used only sounds from Syrinscape moods (no custom sounds imported).

Set is called: DL:DoAT Solace (from: DragonLance: Dragons of Autumn Twilight Solace).

There have been some cases where the upload wont go straight through to the server, hopefully that’s something that will be fixed in the next version of the creator. once the progress bar reaches 100% try shutting the creator fully down and then reopening it. That sometimes forces it to upload the soundset.

Let me know if that doesn’t work and then I can have a further look for you.

Well, I tried this way several times (closing in browser, then Shudown via tray and finally Quit). Didn’t help at all. It is still in my creator, but not on the campaign list (previous creation from about month ago is in there though).

I have the most recent version of creator installed (I updated it today).

What browser are you using?
You said, that previous creations worked - did you change the browser between creation processes?
If you would recreate your previous, working soundset (either make a copy, rename it and try to upload again, or recreate from scratch and try to upload again) - does that work? If not, can you recall, what changed on the computer you’re working with?

Oh, and another thing: you did the restart procedure, all right. Have you deleted to files in the according folder, too?

I use chrome, and used it before. The only differences are:

1. New version of Creator (old one didn’t login)
  2. I use only downloaded samples, not my own (uploaded) like did before.

Deteled? What should I delete? And hopefully, I will not delete my work in the process, cause that would be… bad!

Check answer six in this thread. After you quit the creator you should clean the mentioned directory. You won’t delete your work, don’t worry. You’re not doing it inside the creator.
Have you tried the copy, renaming and reuploading thing?

OK, So I checked and folder wasn’t empty - now it is. I see it is uploading file to the cloud, so will check once it’s done. The issue maybe because first (before sending it to the cloud) I clicked Export SoundSet (which is in fact download to my PC). Will let you know, once upload is done :smile:

Give it a couple of.minutes after the upload to synch with the server before checking. :wink:

Yup, that solved it ! :slight_smile:

Although - After adding it to my campaign, it doesn’t show up in the player. There’s a campaign, but empty. I tried to reload via options multiple times. Didn’t work too.

1 Like

Aaaaand it’s here! Took it a little more than I think after adding to campaign.
Thanks once again! :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Great glad its sorted and thanks @new_vision for helping to fix it. I’ve just come out from watching Rogue One (which was amazing) and its great to see that you got it all working! :smile:

2 Likes

Oh Yay! @ivellios_mirimafea!!!

That’s great to hear.

Two things you can note from mre (which you’ve now probably worked out already.

1. A SoundSet can take a little while to process on the server after upload (up to 20 minutes even… if it’s really big.
  2. Your new campaigns won’t show up in the play until it does a RELOAD (periodically.
  3. You can trigger a RELOAD under the settings menu (little cog)

All sense makes?

Hi Ben,

Ive gone through the files on the Welcome to Ravenloft soundscape that I added, theyre Wav (44.1K and 16bit) and dont have any metadata. The rest of the samples are from syrinscape.
Ive done everything else with it, restarting soundset creator, deleting everything in the media export folder. It goes all the way to 100% but nothing on the player even after a couple of hours.

Should I export it and send it to you directly? I need it for next week ideally but totally understand if you cant do it as its holiday season.

Let me know. :slight_smile:

Yes. Send me the export.

In the meantime. Look in the inspectors for anything that looks weird.

I’m seeing some json not valid errors on the server, which are probably you?

1. Reverb setting “Carpetted Hallway” can be difficult.
  2. Check that the SAMPLE PLAY ORDER has a valid selection from the dropdown options.
  3. Make sure the Element Playlist (in each element) seems to have only valid whole entries of samples that actually playback.

Hi Ben,

Ive checked through all those things but havent found any culprits that are causing the problem, Ive sent you a private message with the dropbox link for the soundset.

Sean

Still have problems with upload. I do close creator, clean export folder and run, then upload and in the log I have percentage progress… but even after 1-2 hours, I cannot see them in the campaign manager on the page :frowning:

Nevermind - didn’t pick which player soundset belongs too…

1 Like

Ah thanks for letting us know. So now you have picked the player does it work ok? That might be part of the problem others have had.

Yup, I mean, the export foder needs to be empty - so when I tried to upload second soundset in the creation session I had to reset creator anyway and clear the folder.

But when creating new soundset one must pick whether it is for Fantasy, Sci-Fi or Board player. I know, I didn’t have to do that 2 months ago when I created my first set for sci-fi - it was left empty then and worked. Maybe now it is required.

1 Like