Syrinscape ProTip #08 - Using Syrinscape with Discord for Online Play

Awesome. Here is the invite link:

Just FYI grognard is all set. Just had to change playback device before he launched Syrinscape.

yeah its awesome as i checked last time with it thanks for all the members to share some invite links to connect with more people thanks strike

I used to have issues with OBS frame drops and sometimes it stopped streaming and I had no clue why is this happening. I tried googling and found out my OBS version was not up to date. you can check reasons below that could be probably causing you the issue-

1. check if OBS version is up to date.
  2. drivers are up to date.
  3. disable windows game bar and DVR.
  4. try to connect to the Ethernet.
  5. do not record and stream at the same time. disable one of those.
    hopefully, that will work. if still issue hasn’t resolved yet, try to fix discord not picking up mic and discord no route with some more solutions for OBS and also you should post a log file on the error.
1 Like

I’m relatively new to Discord, and just downloaded the Online Player. Is there a way that I can set up a dedicated voice server for Syrinscape Online? No other voice chat, just the effects and music that I use through SO? Thanks for any help in advance.

I have been using Discord since the last 1.5 years for streaming and I have a group of around 800 members for which we use Discord for voice chat and some timeDiscord screen share as well.
I would probably give 9 our 10 to Discord as I love its features, though sometimes I have issues like Discord no route that is fixable and I believe every app have bugs which can be fixed

1 Like

hey there, I’m having a small but agitating issue. everything is set up and working well but my own audio has an underling crackling sound. Any one know how to fix this?

i should probably mention that its only active when something else is play YouTube, Syrenscape, Ext.

Are you using Voicemeeter or VM Banana? If so, I might be able to help you troubleshoot. Let me know.

voicemeeter what is VM banana ???

There are three different programs that VB-Audio puts out (actually more). Voicemeeter, VM Banana and VM Potato. They are all variations on the same them, each one with more inputs/outputs and more functionality. The crackling issue could be the driver you are using and/or the sample rates.

Might be easier to have you post screenshots in my discord if you are interested so I can see everything. I’m sure I can help.

Here is a link if you want to stop by:

For the love of God!! Need to be a damn sound engineer to figure this out! This isn’t working. having followed the above steps for about a day and a half, still nothing coming through discord.

Is it possible to have someone do up an updated version of these steps?

And why doesn’t the online player just have a streaming link available? Theres a browser Extension called VTT Enhancement Suite that changes Roll20.net Jukebox to allow external links to a streaming service. That would solve all this confusion with one link.

Hey Grant,

Why aren’t you using the Online Player?!?!?!

You and your player run the App on your machines, link it up.

You run the sounds from any Browser.

Presto!

(That said it would be REALLY nice to be able to control the sounds from within Roll20 like you can with Fantasy Grounds and a number of other good VTTs)

Pelldom,

I should be able to help. If you want to join my discord and pm me or go to my “all things sounds” text channel I’ll come by when I can and get you sorted. When you join my channel, if you type !audiohelp in general or all things sounds a bot will tell you what screenshots I need to get started in helping you. Also, please send me a screenshot of voice settings (if any) you are using within Roll20.

1 Like

Discord joined. Will PM a bit when I’m back home. (I’m fortunate that I’m still working. Essential service)

Thank you

Sounds good! Will try to help when I can.

With the latest Windows Updates my SyrinScape is not sticking to the output that it was opened with. This has caused me to leave my output sound on my computer default to Virtual Cable Line 1 and every other program select output sound.

If SyrinScape (All platforms) could have an output select, that would be awesome. Actually I don’t see this on suggestions, So I am going to also write this there.

It is actually something that we have on our plan and do intend to bring into future builds. The older version of Unity, which Syrinscape was built-in didn’t allow for this but now that we have upgraded to the newer version of Unity it is something that should be possible

2 Likes

Any chance there is any plan to make it easy to get Syrinscape to stream into discord or through Roll20? I have been paying for your service for a year and have only used it 4/5 times because it is just so frustrating to get to work so everyone can hear it.

Hey anightgirl. I know it isn’t perfect but I have posted a number of videos recently on how to get syrinscape to play through discord. I realize it is some work, but its an option. Here is a link to one:

1 Like