Syrinscape Master/Minion Combo Update

In all honesty (& completely IMNSHO) if you’re using the DOE: Sound Extension for FG then there really is no “killer reason” for Master/Minion - because i’ve programmed a compatible mode of operation into the DOE: Sound.

Having said that, if people have a different opinion (assuming they are also using FG with the DOE: Sound) then I’d love to hear it. :smile:

Cheers

I have basically the same setup, just using VLC instead of pumping the sound through chat. I think the big benefit would be that some folks have a difficult time with setting up voicemeeter, virtual audio cables, etc as it can be a bit intimidating to start. I think the Master/Minion should make it easier for everyone that doesn’t want to mess with the other stuff.

1 Like

If you run FG on OS X you got your “killer reason” :smile:

Now, if I were an unkind man, at this stage I’d say something like: “That problem could be solved by using a REAL operating system as opposed to a glorified calculator”. But that would be the beginnings of another “Holy War” and as I am not an unkind man, I won’t say anything like that :stuck_out_tongue:

Seriously, yeah, OK, there’s a good reason :smile:

2 Likes

Hi Ben,
met you yesterday on the SPIEL 2017! Great idea, this master/minion tool! If there is any possibility to become a beta tester, I’m ready! :smiley:

LOL Funny point. No worries at all, I found OS X by accident but I’m dealing with Windows every day because of my job.

I tried to use your extensions in the past because of I prefer your approach instead of Master/Minion’s one. Auto-triggering sounds on events or linking them to some areas of your map or some parts of your adventure is much better IMO.

Dulux_Oz extension is like a snipper shot and Master/Minion combo will be like an uzi-toting gang in a Hong Kong movie :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

I would love to beta test this feature! I DM a pair of roll20 games and an in person game, and I’d be very interested to see how this works in a mixed in-person/roll20 experience.

Can’t wait for this! Would love beta access.

1 Like

… How about now??? (twitch) (twitch) (twitch)

1 Like

Would love to participate in the beta…

1 Like

Looks like we are good for Friday this week.

Stay tuned. I’ll make a secret group and invite everyone who has asked for access AND is a SuperSyrin.

These people will then be able to supply the minion Players to their Players and use it…

…then we’ll see how long it takes everyone to break it.

Ben = feeling naively confident!

3 Likes

Assuming you want it REALLY broken, I suppose I should be the one to break it - so I suppose you’d better add me to that list as well (thanks).

1 Like

Hi Ben,
This is terrific news. Please put me down as wanting to be part of the beta test! Thanks!!

1 Like

Thats just mean, you send me to Pax Unplugged and THEN release the beta whilst I’m away :frowning:

Oh well guess I’ll just have to entertain myself at the show then!! :smile:

1 Like

Yes!!! I think I’ve already asked, but please consider this my request if I haven’t already… :slight_smile:

Great news!

1 Like

This is great timing as I’m having all sorts of issues trying to get Syrinscape to work with VB Cables for some reason. I definitely hope I get chosen!!

1 Like

Please add me to the beta list. :grinning:

1 Like

Is it Friday yet??? Patiently [ok maybe not… :)] waiting…

1 Like

:coffee: :beers: :apple:

Almost there!!!

1 Like

Add me to the secret list :slight_smile: I’m ready to enjoy Syrinscape on my Mac…

1 Like