Discord Bot for Syrinscape Fantasy Player to get Stereo Sound

I have completely revamped my older tutorial here: Discord Bot for Syrinscape to get Stereo Sound and this time I am using the Syrinscape Fantasy Player (which is much easier to install and use). This also will let you use other audio devices and configure them.

Hopefully this one can help some others out that might not like the online player or want some other ways to connect audio to Discord.

Any comments or suggestions on the video are welcome, hope this helps someone out!

If you have ideas for any other tutorials, let me know!

10 Likes

So I just found out Groovy Bot is shutting down and Rythm may be next so this is going to be MEGA helpful now to those people. Thank you so much Amerisun.

3 Likes

This is exactly what i needed to kick off using Syrinscape for my online campaigns! Thanks a lot!

2 Likes

Hey welcome to the cool kids club Thamior. Good to see you here. Enjoy Syrinscape and if you have any questions or need help, you know where to find me.

1 Like

This is awesome. I got this working.

Note for any M1 Mac users out there - opus audio - a critical part of the bot - doesn’t work on M1 Macs. I couldn’t get things working on my Mac mini and as soon as I switched to my intel Mac it worked. I had a discussion with the bot author on this.

This is a point in time report - I’m sure that people are working on making those libraries work on M1 chips. Depending on when you read this, it may be worth trying on your own.

2 Likes

It never quite connects to Discord. Under Discord Audio Bot, next to Channels, the icon that you show as “mute” continues to be a loading or connecting circle. Does anyone know what this is about?

Patrick,
It’s probably due to bot permissions. If your server has a had a lot of modifications to it’s permission structure you might need to ensure that the bot has access to the channel / server properly. My tutorial assumes a fresh out of the box server with default configuration, I even created a tutorial server just for this purpose.

Go to your server settings, then “Roles” area. There should be a role that’s named whatever you named your bot, in my tutorial you can see it below, and at the 3 dots you can click “View Server As Role”. If you cannot see the channels or connect to them, then check that roles permission and make sure it has at least View Channels, Connect and Speak permissions on the server. If your server is more restrictive than normal, you might need more permissions to make this work.

Rythm bot is also being shut down, one of the other major sources of music for RPG players in Discord so hopefully more people will come by and check this out :slight_smile: Thank you again @Amerisun for your tutorials.

1 Like

Thank you so much for creating all of these different tutorials for work arounds. I’ve tried so many different things and I’ve followed this tutorial to a T.

But I still can’t get any audio out in discord.
One thing I found is that, after loading the DiscordAudioPipe, it creates a DAP errors text file with the following results:

2021-10-09 16:34:05 Exception in voice thread Thread-3
Traceback (most recent call last):
File “discord\player.py”, line 603, in run
File “discord\player.py”, line 596, in _do_run
File “discord\voice_client.py”, line 638, in send_audio_packet
OSError: [WinError 10038] An operation was attempted on something that is not a socket

Any idea what this could be?
Thanks in advance

@pclynes7 It would seem that when the DiscordAudioPipe is trying to connect to discord’s servers it’s being blocked from being able to. This is probably a firewall / anti-virus / anti-malware software on your computer blocking DiscordAudioPipes ability to run or connect to the internet. Check your anti-virus and windows firewall settings and you will have to find what’s blocking it.

Also be sure you checked the checkbox below from the video to “unblock” it because it’s an exe from the internet, and Windows is just trying to protect you from running things you didn’t mean to:

so this only works with the fantasy player? not with the master interface?

@Orionox I wrote another tutorial that uses the Syrinscape Online Player and the master interface (web tool). It’s a bit more complicated because of the Online Player install and configuration.

It’s located here:

1 Like

This is awesome. I spent too long going without Syrinscape for online games. (The Online player is too spotty with a few players, and the rest would routinely forget to turn it on, unfortunately)

This is going to help immensely as I slowly trick my players into trying Talespire. One gifted Steam key at a time

2 Likes

Worked perfectly - thank you for the excellent tutorial and all of the setup that went into this! Lets me unlock the magic of Syrinscape for my players!

2 Likes

Fantastic to hear! Enjoy those epic sounds :slight_smile: Happy New Year.

@Amerisun

This is absolutely Freaking AMAZING!!!

10 minutes and 35 seconds and fully setup! (imagine that … the same length as the tutorial video!)

Thank you for the great tutorial…

3 Likes

Followed the video but the area it got to with Oauth2 was slightly different and i had to figure it out namely because they have changed the HUD but just went to URL generator section under it and worked out fine, got it working and am really happy to try this out in game as i think it will be a game changer

1 Like

Good to know. Thanks @evil_scotsman1974 and also…welcome to the forum :slight_smile:

Thanks Vicki glad to be here.

Well i was having some issues getting my players to hear the sounds, The only one who could ever hear it in the server was my girl but i think thats because she had the same Rank/priveldge as i do in the server.

I tried setting several of the sound on both parts to the virtual audio cable, still nothing. I was going crazy then i thought hey lets set master to virtual audio cable and boom it worked sounds were pumping into the discord server and i was all excited again.

2 Likes

Discord permissions are a major pain! :slight_smile: My tutorial just goes with a vanilla configuration, but you can really adjust and tweak the permissions to make them very complicated / sophisticated but at your own risk! Glad you were able to get it working.