We are excited to announce the Syrinscape Web Player!

This is an interesting concept in theory but I am having issues with this new type of syrinscape.
As DM i need to hear my players and i have to do so much micro managing on the sound so that the volume isn’t too loud. With the downloaded player i could easily lower my slider and allow players to adjust their own volume.
Is there a way you can implement a separate volume for the control panel or even a mute so I can listen to the sound through the online player myself like i used to.

I came here to ask the same thing. Not seeing any volume control on the master interface that isn’t global.

There is currently no local volume control in the master interface, and I suspect that 3 volume controls in the master interface would be confusing for many users.

The idea is that as GM you set the global volume at a suitable level for conversation based on the content and a common starting point of 100% local volume for everyone.

Everyone else adjusts their local volume to their liking, then the GM adjusts the global volume during play for relative intensity during a scene.

If the GM sets a low local volume to get a comfortable balance with conversation, it is just more likely that all players will then also need to adjust their local volume similarly?

If you really need one right now, you can mute the master interface tab (right click on the tab in Chrome, or click the speaker icon in Edge), and open the share audio link yourself to get a separate player window with just local volume like the old online player.

1 Like

Hey there,

I am getting the DJANGO tab open when I trigger a sound from Syrinscape, and I am doing the syrinscape-online:// replacement, when I replace it, it just opens a blank tab and no music.

The DJANGO one at least plays the sounds.

Can you help please? Sonofconan?

Hey there lordgwydione,

When you put a link in to FG for a link to start playing a sound in Syrinscape how do you stop the DJANGO page from opening.

I have got it all working in Foundry VTT, apart from the slightly annoying problem of DJANGO tab opening up with the api and json information in it.

I replaced https:// with syrinscape-online:// as advised in another forum link but that doesn’t work.

Hey @Abourious,

I think THIS does what you are looking for?

Info on OUR forums about it here:

Take a look and let us know if that is what you were looking for. :slight_smile:

Thanks for the reply and I will try this work around. Though still an extra slider for just the DM might be a bit too much but constantly changing up the volumes and excepting players to fix theirs might also be a bit much.
Rarely if ever have I known my players to increase the volume of the player. They are more likely to decrease and leave it as is for the remainder of the game.
Though I do like the web player it does make it easier to access for my players and I can use the work around to make things easier for both of us so thanks for the suggestion.

1 Like

Unfortunately I have tried that and it just simply doesn’t work, I add my code or token and then I get a very limited amount of moods, then when I click on a mood it just goes blank.

I am supposed to have access to all the Mad Mage stuff, but there is nothing there.

When I am putting int he links in to a journal or a macro they are working the sound happens, it just pops up a tab called DJANGO. :frowning:

I renewed my long-dormant sub because of this new feature! Thrilled to see this relatively simple and user-friendly solution provided!

2 Likes

Yay! People can tell… because you have a slight golden glow now! :smiley: :angel: :pizza:

THANKS for your support! It really does literally keep everything running AND getting better and better here!

Unbelievable!

It works perfectly well in Firefox but not in Chrome. I don’t understand what is going on in Chrome that it won’t let me chose playlists or moods but it will let me play global one shots.

I suppose this is something you’ll have to talk to the dev of that mod about(?). Other people’s code is not something we can control/manage/fix, obviously.

Except in as much as we can make changes to our systems to help 3rd party devs out, which we have done for people’s in the past (including the FoundryVTT folks who are awesome people).

Also, note @Abourious, if you are looking for a quick, reliable response to specific questions, the support email is going to be your best bet. And of course, keep in mind that we here at Syrinscape are all human beings who do sleep and stuff… :smiley: Response is going to be faster during weekdays and definitely faster NOT during Gen Con when half our team is missing. :slight_smile:

AND especially THANK YOU to other community members who jump in and help out as well. That makes a big difference… you know who you are! :slight_smile: :heart: :pizza:

1 Like

Since this ended up a fair way UP this thread, it would be sad if people missed it… so here’s me reposting! :slight_smile:

I totally understand this, so please don’t interpret my frustrations for anger or being upset.

My frustrations are because I’m excited and I really really really want Syrinscape to work for me in my games.
I’m now super testing Firefox to see if it’s a viable alternative to use Foundry in.

I’m trying to contact the mod dev through GitHub and discord.

I do really appreciate your responses.

And as I’ve said on Facebook to your post from Gen Con, I really want a Syrinscape Tee! And purple is my favourite colour.

1 Like

Sorry, I have been looking at this. If you are just trying to drop the link directly into FG I get the same thing. I’m not a developer so I don’t know how to stop this behavior. There are extensions that will allow this to work but I’m not sure how to stop that page.

1 Like

Thank you for getting back to me. I use Foundry. Some clever person has come up with a module that triggers sounds from Syrinscape but it only works for me in Firefox. Not chrome or edge.

1 Like

Good on the firefox front at least!

Glad you feel like you are making some headway. :slight_smile:

And MOST importantly, do stay tuned for some more significant annoucements re some of our VTT friends releasing some quite awesome integrations. (Ben happily dancing on the spot).

Finding this today put a huge smile on my face.Being able to share nothing but a link to my players over Discord has streamlined things for me so much! This zero-install feature is much appreciated :smiley:

3 Likes