We are excited to announce the Syrinscape Web Player!

Just can’t say enough about the work Frondeus has done. I have a gameboard (new device that integrates with Foundry) and I was able to set up automation for spells on a character’s sheet using Syrincontrol and Midi-Qol such that when a player casts a spell, it automatically triggers the syirnscape oneshot that I have attached without the web player or anything else open. And, I don’t notice any latency. Its just played natively within Foundry.

The person connected to my Foundry with their gameboard over the internet heard the sounds instantly as well through his gameboard. Amazing!

1 Like

Question for you. I noticed that when my player is connected remotely and he triggers a sound that calls syrincape using the “item macro” in Mid-qol, if I have his permission set to “player” it doesn’t trigger the sound, but if I have him set to “GM” then it does trigger the sound. I know I read something about GM calls in Midi-qol but wondering if you think this behavior is something in syrincontrol or mid-qol. So cool that this is working.

Oh… and I’m using the last v9 of Foundry and the alpha version of Syrincontrol.

What is a gameboard?

Its basically a large touchscreen device. It has games built in and connectivity with a number of VTT’s including Foundry. You can put minis on the gameboard and move them across the touchscreen and it will recognize the placement, show line of site, etc… Pretty cool but pricey! :slight_smile:

I had a play with one at GenCon and it seemed pretty amazing! Are you using yours in online games @lordgwydione? I’d only thought of them as a cool accessory for the table

Not yet but I’m going to try and run a oneshot using it.

Hi. Gameboard is very wonderfull and interesting. I am waiting for my. Because I am from Europe it will take longer to have it… :upside_down_face: :wink:

1 Like

Something I have noticed intentional or not I have a syrinscape sub and so does the DM that I play with. I use FGU and now if he’s in session and I play music I can override his music…its both comical and problematic. Anyone else encounter anything similar?

Ok, i’ve been trying the online player with 6 players on foundry via the forge. I use chrome for the both pages. It works a litle but with incredible lags and i had many connexion lost (wich is rare) . i have a high speed internet (900 MO/S) so it may be a trouble with chrome ? i’m sad because at this moment i cannot use the great sounds from syrinscape. Any idea ?

Seriously try Kenku FM and actually play your game in the Kenku FM browser.

Ok. I’ve build the Kenku FM Bot. What URL do i have to put in it ?

Your foundry one if you have Syrincontrol or use Syrinscape web player in Kenku.

Thx Man ! I will try this in a few days.

Yes, when i open two tabs for syrinscape the sound comes duplicated. All my players are using the web version. This did not happen when we used the app. It didnt work telling everyone to use the web player.

How are things? Been quiet around these parts! Any updates on the player, enhancements, etc? Thanks!

Mute one of the tabs?

I think it’s because we’re all lost for words at how awesome it is.

Hahaha. Right? I just need to find time to play darnit…

What’s with the authentication?
Every time I go to the web player, it gives me a “Start now” button that doesn’t do anything except show a volume bar, and if I press New Game it sends me to the player without my soundsets.
It never keeps me authenticated, which it used to…

One of my friends who streams a lot FSHSchmo, ran a game yesterday and used firefox and that has worked the best for him so far by far.

1 Like