Using soundsets with copyrighted sounds in them - FIXED

Honestly, I’m not sure this is titled properly … but here it goes.

I’ve made a couple soundsets for a Star Wars game I’m preparing to run … and many of the sounds I used come from video games like Jedi Academy or ripped from the Starwars.com website … which I assume are owned and copyrighted.

So, today I went to try to figure out how to get these into the SyrinScape SCI-FI player on my Android Tablet. I went to use the upload feature in the creator and read the whole TOS that pops up when you go to use the ‘upload’ feature … and realized that since it wants me to agree that I have use of these sounds, etc … and given that I don’t own them … then obviously they CAN NOT be uploaded.

Am I wrong about this?

Assuming I am correct that they can not (or should not) be uploaded, then is there another way to get them into the player? From all that I’ve read, I think the answer is NO. That my only choice for soundsets with copyrighted sounds in them is to play them from the soundset creator on my pc … correct?

You can upload these for your own personal use. We won’t even see the samples or hear them unless you propose to make them community content. You should be able to automatically upload them and sync them down onto your other devices without a hassle.

Does that all make sense?

Thank you for the quick response.

Yes. That makes sense and its how I expected it to work originally. I was just thrown off by the TOS that poped up… it sounded like I needed to own the sounds to upload them … regardless of whether I was trying to go public with them or not … so I wanted clarification before I violated those rules. :wink:

1 Like

Yeah, there’s a degree of “you’re uploading stuff that we don’t own, and you need to take responsibility for how you use it on our system” to it.

For example, if some naughty person subsequently used the Syrinscape Players to breach someone’s copyright by broadcasting copyright material to an audience or on YouTube or anything, then these TOCs would make sure Syrinscape is safe.

I’m not the legal help, but that’s the kind of feeling I get. :smile: