Syrinscape ProTip #14 - Integrating Syrinscape with Fantasy Grounds by SmiteWorks (PC only)

Announcing a new Fantasy Grounds Extension (ie plugin) to integrate this popular VTT with Syrinscape. Now Fantasy Grounds can play Syrinscape Sounds (via Syrinscape) automatically and/or at the command of the GM, allowing Syrinscape and Fantasy Grounds to be used seamlessly together.

Check out the DOE Sound Extension at http://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?31369-DOE-Sound-Extension

Check out Fantasy Grounds at http://www.fantasygrounds.com

Check out how to use Syrinscape with TeamSpeak on the Fantasy Grounds Wiki at http://www.fantasygrounds.com/wiki/index.php/Linking_TeamSpeak_%26_Syrinscape

And thanks to Ben for a great product in Syrinscape

Cheers

4 Likes

Oh my!!! Awesome!

Let me check this out. Does Fantasy Grounds have a Trial mode?

1 Like

Yes, FG does have a Demo version - but I need to confess that right at the moment (17:00 Sunday 8th May, 2016 AEST) the Extension has been delayed for 24-hours - AFTER I started updating forum posts, etc

Sorry about that - slight hiccup due to international time zones, sleep, etc - I’m highly embarrassed about screaming this from the rooftops only to be “shot down” and delayed for approx 24-hours

This was my fault - nothing to do with FG, SmiteWorks or Syrinscape!

Sorry

2 Likes

That’s fantastic news! I’ve had FG for a while but still not got around to playing an online game but this will be awesome!

Time for me to get testing my FG skills :slight_smile:

1 Like

OK, the Fantasy Grounds DOESound Extension is now uploaded onto the FG Forum (link in the first post) - sorry about the delay

4 Likes

This is absolutely (add in a bunch of four letter words) amazing! I’m about to threaten my group to download FG I’m ready to play and GM!

1 Like

Hey @Dulux_Oz, thanks for creating another great extension, especially one that links Syrinscape and Fantasy Grounds. So far it looks awesome and will definitely be getting lots of use in my games. Just a couple of problems that I’ve ran into so thought I’d let you know.

1. Since installing the ext. and updating the base ext. I seem to now get a cross appear for the CSG so can’t use that. (FIXED - Sorry I was still running an older version of the CSG)
  2. the first link appears to high in the dialogue box so it’s difficult to read, not a major problem but thought I’d mention it. (I’m using Windows 10 with the latest version of FG if that helps at all)

Thanks again for your great extensions, they’ve become a staple of my FG games.

1 Like

I need a button stronger than the like/heart button…

…searches for bouquet of flowers… beer…

Just to add I’ve used the DOE tonight and it’s awesome, really works well and makes my life at the table so much easier. I know Smiteworks have been looking at making FG3 work better with 3rd party software but this does it perfectly. Not to mention the fact it specifically talks about Syrinscape in the manual, thank you @Dulux_Oz for a fantastic extension :grin:

Hi Caldeth,

You’re not using the “basic” 5E skin/theme are you? OK, I’ll have to get hold of the theme you are using and modify the DOE Sound Extension accordingly - leave it with me and I’ll see what I can do

And I’m glad you like it and the other DOEs

1 Like

Yeah sorry I forgot I was using one of the themes, it’s either the PHB or DMG but I can’t recall which. I’ll check in the morning and let you know which one it is.

@benjamin I’ve got the unlimited licence so if you want to try a game out using the FG demo and the DOE Sound Extension I’m sure me, @GM_Cody_D and a few others can help you out :grin:

1 Like

Yep, I’m down for whatever. This solves all but one problem, but not with Syrinscape & FG integration. Well, two, but I’ve been to lazy to fix the second problem. :laughing:, but it is a major issue to this topic. Edit: Second problem is done.

@Cody What problems???

The “problem” was more laziness than a problem. Well sort of. I tried to follow another set of directions for VAC setup and that turned out to be a problem in itself, but the wiki above seems to have done the trick. I think I got it though, just a final test is needed to see if it actually is set correctly. I started the Sound TS connection by itself and “tested” it, and it seems to work, but since I can’t hear it…, but the meter seems to have started and stopped when I presumably started and stopped the sound. I can set up TS on my fiance’s laptop tomorrow and have her help me. :smile:

1 Like

Start a 2nd instance on the TS on your computer (a 2nd tab connection - as per the instructions on the FG Wiki) then you can hear things just fine - that’s how I tested things out in the first place ?!?

1 Like

Yeah, I did that too, I think, I heard sounds when I started it up as well. I tend to make things more complicated than they need to be at times. LOL I’ll create a player account for stuff just to see how players see (in this case hear) it to make sure all is set correctly. But, since she plays too, then it’s not that big of an issue or a redundancy. Note: Need to get her a headset.

I need to get my head around all this at some point… just need a couple of days to be able to play and fiddle!

1 Like

Well, my advice is sit down, take a deep breath, and watch some Tutorial Vids - the ones on the FG Wiki are the ones to start with. damned’s are good, as are Xorn’s, and people seem to like mine as well. Start with the ones on the CoreRPG, because the CoreRPG form the basis of just about all the RPGs we play with Fantasy Grounds (FG), so by learning how to use FG with the CoreRPG you’ll learn about 80% of what you’ll need to know to play ANY RPG with FG.

Once you’ve got your head around that then take a look at some Extensions (ie Pluins) such as the DOE Sound Extension mentioned in this thread.

It’s a learning curve, but like most things that are worth doing its worth taking a little bit of time in learning how to do it WELL!

And don’t be afraid of asking Qs - we’re a friendly lot over on the FG Boards and we just love asking questions - be aware, however @benjamin, that you may get a few questions asked yourself about Syrinscape :smile:

2 Likes

Just checked and I’m using the 5e Theme - Wizards and 5e Language Fonts - Wizards. Turning those of and using the basic FG background it works perfectly, I just tend to find the lighter colours of the 5e theme easier on the eye during long sessions.

1 Like