SyrinControl - WIP FoundryVTT module integration

So I’ve been using syrinscape a couple of ways now with Syrincontrol…

1. Every scene can have a “default” mood assigned, so, playing RotRL I have every map/scene using the supplied mood for ambience.
  2. Syrincontrol lets you click a One Shot and it creates a macro, I then either activate those via hotbar or I have Monks Active Tile call that macro.
  3. Currently you can’t do ‘moods’ for #2, but have no fear! I created my own Macro, watch out, this ones a doozy!
    fetch(args[0]);
    Then I create a Tile using (I use the Syrinscape logo), hide it, set Monks Active Tile Trigger ‘When’ to “On Double Click”, check “Hoverover Pointer” and add an action: ‘Run Macro’ that calls the macro created above, which takes Args of the control link, ie https://syrinscape.com/online/frontend-api/moods/534/play/?auth_token=someauthtoken and boom, a “Button” on the map you can double click and have it launch any syrinscape sound you want!

Pro Tip: Once you create one tile like this, copy/paste it and just go in and paste in the new URL for the args. I have em all over my map now preset and ready to go!

2 Likes

Will there eventually be a version that doesnt require my players to have the online player? one of my players plays on a work machine and is not able to install it.

1 Like

I’ve reached out to you on email with an invite. Ping me if you don’t see that. :slight_smile:

If there is a beta of this that would allow a player less experience I would be open to testing as well.

1 Like

Yes, +1 to wanting this without my players needing anything but foundry in the browser. If they do need more, they are not going to use it and I have to go on without syrinscape. As much as it pains me, this is the plain truth.
And ever since I used syrinscape in our rare live sessions, I desperately want to use it with Foundry.

2 Likes

Heya,

OK. So NOW we can talk about this https://syrinscape.com/web-player/

This gives all our VTT friends everything they need to embed Syrinscape directly inside their pages. Note the example here: https://syrinscape.com/under-a-fell-black-sky/

We’ll be able to say MORE about who is working with us on what soon, so stay tuned for that news.

In the MEANTIME… give the Web Player a go (it’s free to try for the month of August) and ALL your players will need is a single Chrome tab open in the background for the sound to come out of.

Works? :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Hi Ben,

This looks just a bit exciting.

Are you saying I, as DM, can have Foundry open and the Syrinscape controls open in a different tab or window.
Put a shortcut into Foundry to start playing “bugbear battle” and that will send a message to Syrinscape to start playing “bugbear battle” and then my players will hear it if they have the web based Syrinscape player open or in my case it’ll play via Kenku FM and play through Discord?

Looking at the example you’ve posted you can add a button to another document/webpage/VTT and just click it from there?

Garry (Abourious)

1 Like

Hello there,

Did you get a response to this?

@frondeus I had the very same problem as @lonejedi70 above. However it works perfectly well in Firefox but not in chrome or edge.

I’m using a :desktop_computer: iMac.

I can’t understand what’s happening in chrome to not let me choose playlists from the drop down.

In Firefox, I just click on a mood or one shot and the Syrinscape online player plays with no issue.

Hey this is gold!

However, how do you stop the link from opening a new tab called DJANGO?

It plays perfectly well for me but every time a sound is triggered it opens a new tab in the browser.

Hi everyone!

I just released the new version of Syrin Control which fixes the issue on Chrome on MacOS.

I hope you all will enjoy it :slight_smile:

EDIT: Of course I forgot to paste the link :slight_smile:

2 Likes

And I can confirm that it definitely works using MacOS and Chrome.

This module for Foundry is just pure magic, Syrinscape works automatically in my Foundry D&D games, just last night, every time I changed a scene a new Syrinscape mood played automatically.
When someone cast a firebolt, the fire spell one shot played.

Just unbelievable!

Well done @frondeus

1 Like

Oh, and if you wished for a way to play moods from a macro…

Well, I just published the pre-release version that allows you to do it :slight_smile:
The link and quick instruction how to install it is available on the GitHub

Imagine changing the mood when a player enters the basement of the cult…
All automatically :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Can I test this pre-release Frondeus (I am YenBenGrey)

I am not sure where the instructions are?

:slight_smile:

:slight_smile:
1 Like

Would this overwrite the existing module or is the a separate module just for moods?

It’s just an update. Like the one you tested before. It should not remove any data you created so far. It does not introduce breaking changes. It is not the separate module. It will upgrade your existing module to the new version :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I need to tell someone and I can’t tell my players due to spoilers.

I have just created a tile, and set the trigger to play a macro that is a rock fall sound.

And it just worked perfectly.

You are a bloomin genius man!!

4 Likes

OoooOOOOooooo!

So cool! So when they drag a mini there the sound plays?!?!

That is so cool!

1 Like

Yes, precisely! The pre-release version can be combined with other Foundry modules and achieve scenarios like “a player enters with his mini the basement of a house, a mood changes automatically” :slight_smile:

Anyway, about playing sounds…
I’m thrilled to announce that thanks to the API released by the Syrinscape Team, I released a new (still alpha) version of SyrinControl that embedded the Syrinscape headless player.

Meaning - from this pre-release, Foundry is able to play Syrinscape audio directly, with only one browser tab open!

No more discord audio bot for my campaign :smiley:

4 Likes

Not only that but I can now place tiles down on the map that the players can’t see and they act like buttons.

So for example I’m running DOTMM on the fourth level when the players wander in to the Crystal caves I just click a button(tile) and the Crystal caves mood takes over. Then on another button (tile) I can randomly click Xorn noises.

All this without going to any other webpage. Just staying in Foundry.

3 Likes