SoundSet Creator Soundsets not showing up in player

I was able to get one of my sound sets top show up in my player, but not the other one–I’m trying to make several as I am learning how to do everything. I’ve uploaded it by clicking the cloud icon several times with no luck.

If your SoundSet is showing up in ONE of your Players… then it will definitely show up in ALL of them.

1. Reload under settings
  2. logged in as same user on both
  3. Connected to (good) internet?
  4. Restart

Let us know how you go! :slight_smile:

The issue was only 1 of my sondsets was showing up in any player. But I figured it out. I had neglected to selected a category. When I tried adding it and uploading it under the same name it never showed up. I had to rename it something different for it to show up.

The only issue now is when I tried to add a sample–a song several minutes long it only imported a few seconds of it. I did use the wav format.

Cool. @jg201290

Re the sample: watch out for meta data and other weirdnesses… sometimes I make a complete new fresh wave at the right settings (44.1K 16bit) and copy and paste the audio content of the suspect sample into that new file = purify the content so that it now imports.

I’m not sure I completely understand meta data. I didn’t see anything that looked unusual. I just downloaded the mp3 files and then converted them into wav files.

Meta data is info like:
Title
Album name
Artist
Track number

Syrinscape can get confused about this (for some reason)… so it’s best to strip it off.

There are some threads about how to do that… one moment and I’ll find them.

Here you go:

THANKS! Will I need to make a duplicate copy with the new wav samples when I upload the soundset?

1 Like

@benjamin I used audacity to create new wav files. I followed the steps in the link you posted–cleared meta data, saved as wav 16 bit. Re-imported the files with modified names (only apha characters). One song seemed to import correctly. The others are only partial lengths. Maybe it’s user error? I’m not sure what I’d be doing incorrectly though.

hmmmm…

Wanna send me the files so I can try myself?

I downloaded everything from Matuku’s post by Kevin MacLeod from this reddit post.