SoundSet Creator on Mac

I’m looking forward to that! Thanks for all your hard work!

SORRY that the new version has been soooo delayed on MAC.

We actually spent this week rebuilding the Android versions of the Players, because our current version is about to be blocked, due to a weird combo of the permissions Unity needs and brand new privacy requirements of GooglePlay = fun fun!

Grrrrr…

I have meanwhile had an AMAZING time at the Paizo offices though!

1 Like

I’m a little disapointed about OS X weakness regarding Syrinscape project. Starting with the 3rd party features…

They can only dev one thing at a time. Time is precious, especially for devs, and a working system takes priority over a not released one. But agreed, it seems this has been long in the coming.

1 Like

We’ve been working none stop to get the Mac version released but first we need to make sure it works without bugs, there’s no point us releasing an unfinished/tested version. Sadly the Mac version has been much more difficult to transcode than the PC version which whats causing us the delay.

And as @benjamin & @RWDJ have just said the sudden changes to Google Plays privacy requirements has really not helped as it’s meant the Dev team having to split their time to make sure Android users don’t suddenly lose access.

The second we crush that last illusive bug we will release the Mac version and believe me when I say a LOT of work has gone into getting this sorted

2 Likes

Nudge, nudge ^~^ … bug

Nudge received :smile:

The team is busy stomping away! I’ll ask Ben for the latest progress report and let you all know

Boop! Excited for the Mac version, our D&D group can’t wait to use it. I yearn to just make my own custom soundsets instead of using the predetermined ones and trying to fudge with them.

Any new ETA?
You’ve mentioned more than once that sometimes your Mac versions will work on some computers and not on others.
Have you considered just releasing the best version that you have, and then patching it once you fix more bugs? Or is it completely unusable right now?
If at least some people could use the Mac version until you guys iron it out, that’d be nice.

OK. Good idea @zcclay

Let’s say there are two options for this week:

1. We fix the last problem and deliver a ‘perfect’ working version
  2. We give you what we got to last week = can’t import samples sometimes (but can do everything else)

Deal?

Oh, but importing samples? Well, just speaking personally, I’m willing to wait for ‘perfect’. But that’s just me. One of the reasons I’ve been so patient is that I’ve been kept too busy to really mess around with it if I had it anyway. So while I say take your time, I’d understand if others were more eager.

1 Like

I’m fine with being unable to import my own samples for now.
It’s up to you guys! If you think you’d be able to fix up a perfect version in a week then that’s fine! But if it’s not too much of a hassle to release a “beta” for the Mac version where you can’t import your own samples, that’d be great.

Thanks so much.

1 Like

Agreed! I’m perfectly ok with not being able to Import! It wasn’t my main goal to begin with, honestly.

OK! Testing a version this morning.

*cross all fingers and toes
*only hopping at the moment

1 Like

Keep us posted! I’ve been borrowing my works laptop (windows). I use Mac. Thank you for all the work y’all have put into this.

2 Likes

Anxiously awaiting an update! Hope we can finally get a Mac version today! crossing all cross-able appendages and praying to any and all deities! lol

2 Likes

How’d the testing go? I know y’all are as bummed about the delay as we are. Thank you for working so hard at it. I’m not going to lie. I check this site more than I should for updates.

OK If people are keen to help us out.

Here’s a version that we need to try on a whole lot of different machines.
[newer link down lower]

We know this should work on most newer machines, but we are really interested to know, which machines it is NOT working for.

The issue is importing new samples. So if you try and import a new sample and get a “sox error” or something similar… please let us know, and report your hardware and OS X version (get from “About This Mac” on apple menu)… e.g. “MacBook Air (11-inch, Early 2015)” and “10.11.6 (15G1217)”. You might like to do this in an e-mail with a copy of the error log too.

THANKS!!!

1 Like

I tried uploading 2 files just now in wav format. It said transcoding failed. I’m on a Late 2011 macbook Pro running 10.11.6. I don’t see an error log unfortunately.

2011 Yeah. Thanks @jg201290

That’s the generation that is failing as far as we know.

We’ve got another build coming this afternoon that should fix that…

BUT for moment you should be able to everything else (except importing new samples).

So wanna keep experimenting and let us know if anything else is broken?

Will do. I tried OGG files too. Results were similar to rolling a natural 1. sigh

1 Like