SoundSet Creator on Mac

Hi!

Have anyone tried to start/install Syrinscape SoundSet Creator on Mac? I have an El Capitan system and I tried to use Wineskin, but without success…

Thanks for info and tips!

Hi there! I did. Though the older Mac version. Unfortunately that never worked for me. I have no idea why to be honest and all the tips I got here on the forums didn’t help. The version before that started but froze every time it tried to import sound sets. So I am giving up on it for the time being and am waiting for the proper release. I joined up as supersyn a couple of months ago because the proper release was said to be two months or so away but unfortunately got delayed. So I guess I’ll just have to wait. There seems to be no current beta version for mac at the moment though.

Hi all,

Juuuuuuust give us a few more weeks. Once we have a good stable build point on the PC, then we’ll build for the MAC.

Still working out the last of the serious bugs.

THEN we’ll be onto millions of tweaks and fixes with less frequent releases, that’s when we’ll be able to release simultaneously with MAC each time.

Does that make sense!? Sorry you have to wait!!! :-/

1 Like

Thanks for information!

I just need to find my patience somewhere :smile:

1 Like

Bumping here… to nag and remind also probably helps too! :smiley:

I couldn’t let it go, I couldn’t sleep, so I tried different mac/win emulator

• Wine Bottler…

Aaaaand it works - I have SoundSet Creator on Mac (El Capitan)

Until we have SoundSet Creator prepared specifically for Mac
I recommend using this:
http://winebottler.kronenberg.org/

For me works just fine :smile:

2 Likes

Yay!!!

You are some kind of ZEN master of work-i-ness! :smiley:

Sooo, I tried to use SoundSet Creator for the first time on the battlefield

• on the session (Legend of the 5 Rings)
    It worked absolutely great! :smiley:

One wish:
I don’t know if it is on the features list, but it would be nice to export soundsets to Syrinscape Player :wink:

1 Like

Hi @jakub_jaszkin

Cool! I’m glad your having fun with it!

Find the little cloud on the titlebar of the SoundSet inspector.

Theoretically that will upload your SoundSet to the server, process and then make it available to all your players.

Let me know if that works for you! :smile:

What kind of sorcery it is?!

Works like a charm :smile:

Ha ha! Wizardry of clicks and fingers!

Oh wonderful! Could you run me through your setup process, please? I have to try that…my new Call of Cthulhu campaign is going to start in a few weeks. :slight_smile: Thank you very much!

Download SoundSet Creator installation file:
https://syrinscape.com/account/creator-beta-download-file/win/Syrinscape-SoundSet-Creator-Setup-0.8-20160801.exe

Then download winebottler from this site:

I recommend stable version.

I recorded process, so it should be easier to get it going :slight_smile:

When you have WineBottler turn the program on, click “Advanced” tab and select SoundSet Creator installation file in “Program Installation” section. Then click “Install”. You will have to choose the name for application and its directory.

You will get some popups, about Wine installing some stuff - ignore them. The next popup is crucial - it is standard Windows installation procedure, so click “Next” couple of times.

Important info from WineBottler website:
Once the installer is running, it might ask you to “Create a Desktop Shortcut” or “Run Program after Installation”. Do not let the installer create a desktop shortcut and do not let the installer start the program after installation. Instead, start your Program the by double-clicking the generated app.

After installing WineBottler will ask for the start file of the new program - find .exe file for SoundSet Creator in newest popup.

After this steps start SoundSet Creator from created file.
It should open small window with main app process and your browser.

You only need to login and you can start using SoundSet Creator :slight_smile:

Let me know if it worked for you!

2 Likes

I used CrossOver for the installation on my Mac - took a few tries, but I think I have it working. I had to “unbless” one of my three devices even though my Mac was already a “blessed” device - apparently it counts as a separate Windows XP PC when running Creator through Wine.

Yeah. I reckon the server will see the Wine System as a completely different device.

1. This seems like a fiddly thing, so well done if you can get it going. :smile:
  2. A MAC build is coming (let’s say before the end of October) so just wait for then if the frustration level gets too high!
  3. Make sure you remind/bug me about that October promise
1 Like

Jakub, you’re the best! Works like a charm! Thank you very very much!!!

2 Likes

Hey Ben! Consider this a friendly reminder/bug on the subject. October is over and we’re still patiently waiting. :slight_smile:

1 Like

ha ha! DAMN! :smile:

Soon… the iOS buildls for the Players with text searching too much longer than we thought.

But this new build of the Creator is literally NEXT on our list!

THANKS for your patience… and definitely DON’T resist the urge to bug me more! :slight_smile:

Bug. Bug. Bug.

Would it help I said it’s what I want for Christmas?

Thanks Ben!

1 Like

Another bug! :smiley:

Mac SoundSet Creator for Christmas would be awesome!

1 Like