SoundSet Creator on Mac

Consider this another elbow to the ribs- lets get that Mac SoundSet Creator out, please!

1 Like
  • ribs rubbed

• message received

:smile:

The Master/Minion dev work we are doing will delete the local machine completely. Yay!

Does this have a mac version yet or is it still an ongoing project?

Steve

Testing a build for MAC, currently.

So give us a week to make sure all the bits are screwed on correctly.

• crosses fingers and toes
3 Likes

So I just purchased soundest creator, and now I discover it doesnā€™t work on Mac. You said a week almost two weeks ago. Please tell me itā€™s done???

Hi @mtraversa87

OK. Literally testing on a MAC today.

Am crossing fingers we find nothing fatally wrong with this buildā€¦ because if itā€™s good to go, youā€™ll see it ready for upload within 48 hours!

THANKS YOU for your patience! And more importantly THANK YOU for your support as a subscriber!!!

2 Likes

Thank you for your work! So excited to finally be able to use this tool!!

1 Like

OK. Poop! Wonā€™t run one of the MACs. But weā€™ve found the prob.and will do a rebuild and test again.

Thanks for your patience!!!

1 Like

Thanks for the update.

Any luck on the re test or am I jumping the gun asking so soon? lol

OK! This is where we are up to.

The latest MAC OSX operating System update has made our Unity 4 based Player component unworkable = poop.

So weā€™ve spent the week updating the project to Unity 5.

I now have a test version, which the dev team delivered on Friday, so Iā€™ll probably get to it this afternoon or Mondayā€¦ and the (*crossing findgers and toes again)ā€¦ we SHOOOOOOOOOOULD have a working Mac Creator version this week.

Once again, THANKS for your patience.

in the the meantime, LOTs of people are successfully using Wine on the MAC to run the PC version, here:

Info for you @Steve for helping people via support@

3 Likes

Iā€™ve attempted the Wineskin work around, but it doesnā€™t work and drastically slows down my computer. Iā€™m not exactly Mac savvy, so Iā€™m sure itā€™s a user error. But Iā€™m also not impatient either. I understand these things take time and Iā€™d rather wait and used the software thatā€™s developed for my OS. Thanks for working so diligently on this as Iā€™m sure we all appreciate the effort you all put in. You guys are amazing!

2 Likes

Cool! :smile:

Weā€™ll get there pretty soon, I reckon.

The new build didnā€™t work on our computersā€¦ but we are narrowing down on the issue.

Basically it goes like this:

1. The dev team makes a version they are sure will work
  2. We try on our local (non dev) machines
  3. It doesnā€™t work
  4. Dev scratches head
  5. Repeat from 1

It currently looks like there are some kind of libraries on the dev machines that are missing from our machines (normal OS installs)ā€¦ and they just have to work out which they are.

We donā€™t want to release the MAC version until we are really sure it will work on just about any machine.

So, yes, again, THANKS for your patience! :smile:

Thank you for the candid response, itā€™s nice to understand the process on your end. Iā€™m just glad that things are continuing to move forward and wait eagerly for the kinks to be worked out!

1 Like

Any progress? How far away do you think you are until release?

We have everything working except sample import transcoding. So give us this week and it should be live again for MAC

Crosses fingers and toes!!.

This has been crazy difficult. With some builds working on some machines and some not on others. New builds working on old machines and then not on new, and then vice versa! Gaaah!

Really should be working this week!

Down to this last transcoding issue now at least!

2 Likes

Rip, someone needs a health potion or a health pack. Weā€™re waiting! :slight_smile: I just subscribed to get the same news. Iā€™ll try the wine-thing until then. (Runs off to go do that).

RIP, didnā€™t work. Guess Iā€™m relying on yā€™all ^~^
At least I have Windows on my Mac until then, but I canā€™t use that for the campaign.

1 Like

Just a little longer, weā€™re so close! just need to crack these last few problems with transcoding

3 Likes