SoundSet Creator don't work and SoundSets not appears on player - FIXED

I use MAC with last updated obviously…soundset creator stops to run suddenly…
but my real problem is that before it stopped working I had created a soundset with a whole series of music that I needed, this soundset is present in the section dedicated to the creation of the personal campaign, but in the player of syrinscape not is present
Then I can’t use this soundset because I can’t see it in the app

but I can’t try to reupload because the Creator software doesn’t run…I have also tried to reinstall…but nothing change.

First question: when so say the creator stops to run - was it while you were using it? Or more like: yesterday it worked and today it doesn’t even start?

Second question: Where did you get the music from you imported into the Creator? If they are MP3s, have you cleared all metadata attached to the file itself?

Third question: when you created your soundset with all the music in it, did you choose a player category for the soundset to show up in?

All in all it sounds like something went terribly wrong with importing the music and now you’re stuck with broken samples, that a) prevent a proper start of the creator and b) stop the server to process the soundset to be properly transcoded.

There are a lot of pro Tipps in the creator thread of these forums that can point you to solutions for your problem. Can’t link properly now, as I am on the road…

Yes it definitely sounds like you have a broken sample which is preventing the soundset uploading properly to the server and causing the sample database to fail, which will prevent the Syrinscape Soundset Creator from loading.

Ben’s posted elsewhere on the forum a list of common issues with the Syrinscape Soundset Creator and fixes for them but here’s the bit most relevant to you at the moment

Give that a try and see if it fixes it for you

I have delect my sample and I have reuploaded the musics in my soundset…

but the soundset does not appear in the player…there’s a way to know which music doesn’t work?

Have you set a category before uploading? Also - what is the source of the music? Please see and answer the questions above, the answers may contain vital information to help you. :wink:

Unfortunately, I can’t select a category…I have only an empty check

The box appears empty by default. Yo need to click it and then select either Fantasy or SciFi. Without a category selected the Creator won’t know which player to load it to, which is why you couldn’t see your last one. When you click the box are you getting a drop down menu?

Really for problems like this you’re best contacting us at support so we can look fully into it for you and respond a bit quicker :grin:

No I can’t
I have only the possibility to flag a blank category…not appearing fantasy or sci-fi or others

If you have a file imported, that has some metadata attached, such rare and odd behavior can happen. I had this sensation once myself. My hot tip is the metadata.

mmmh…ok but How can I find the file that causes these problems?
Was it so difficult to insert a message that warns you of this?
also because in SoundSet Creator everything works … I almost use it instead of the Player if it were not that the player is definitely more comfortable …

This is SUPER weird?!?!

Try SHIFT-refreshing the interface (once you get it working, that is. Then send a screen cap of your not being able to set it!

As for getting Syrinscape working again, watch this:

And then, definitely watch the videos in this Playlist that talk about importing samples etc and has all the warnings you should need.

When you use eg. MP3 almost every info that pops up in different players (like iTunes) - song title, genre, year of publishing… Is located within the file properties. Before you import those files, you have to delete those metadata from the file. Unfortunately I can’t help you with how this is handled on a MAC.

Check the links Ben put up, lots of valuable info in there!

1 Like

Sorry for the delay
It’s all done! :slight_smile: