Sounds set organization request

I have been a SuperSyrin subscriber for a few years now (since Jan. 19, 2015) …I am getting a ton of sound. Is there a way to maybe create a folder structure in the UI? Maybe grouping all the connected sound sets together? Like all the Adventure Path sets together. or all the Starfinder? or something like that. This would be a much appreciated upgrade for those of us with a lot of content :slight_smile:

lol I also have a ton of trouble getting the acronyms right…Is there a Key some where?

1 Like

We have a list of all the acronyms in the FAQ on the main website. If you scroll down you should find everything you need.

https://syrinscape.com/faq/

Our wonderful Soundset Sage @HeCook has done campaigns for every need that you can install and choose from. You might check this forum entry for details.

:slight_smile:

the FAQ appears to missing quite a few acronyms…TTOT, MON1 -1, … can we get it updated please.

So are you saying that we can use Campaigns to organize the content? I see that I can import campaigns but is there a way to search of global campaigns to import? I am thinking everyone is doing the same thing… grouping things together for easier use. I would be great if there were a bunch of out of the box campaigns grouping the common sets together :slight_smile:
I still think a folder structure in the UI would go a long way to solve this issue…looking I have over 500 sound sets available :slight_smile:

2 Likes

That’s what I created all the soundsets in that “generic soundsets” thread for. There isn’t global campaigns as of yet (I believe it’s something that’s slated for future development), so I made them. That thread @new_vision posted contains every campaign I’ve done. I’ve grouped according to adventure paths, type, and theme - all monsters and fight sets, all location sets, all music sets, as well as things for a dungeon, forest, city, desert, etc. If you’d like me to post a single post with all of my current campaigns in it, I can do that later tonight.

1 Like

Those campaigns are helpful, but we really need a way to organize soundsets together inside of the player, not just via the Syrinscape website. Having to jump back and forth between the two is way too much hassle.

2 Likes

Yea the campaigns are good for making you own content and those are superb. But I have a ton of content and I have a hard time finding things. Also have a real hard time trying to figure out what everything is. Like I said I have been a superSyrin since since Jan. 19, 2015 so there are hundreds of sound sets and thousands of sounds. Organizing the sound sets would be enough…all the adventure path sets in a folder would be super helpful…plus the acronyms are hard for me to remember maybe this is just my issue since I am dyslexic but I thought I would ask.

2 Likes

@marroon69 we’re going to be thinking a lot about how to improve search and organisation in general. I don’t have any concrete description of the solution we will settle on, yet. I can only confirm that improving this is getting close to the top of our todo list.

1 Like

What @jameskrolak said. The campaigns are all well and good (if you know they’re there and are then able to find them), but unless they’re in the player they aren’t particularly helpful. Also, the search function on the campaign screen is case sensitive. It’d be easier to search if I didn’t have to be mindful of the exact case of what I’m trying to find.

I also agree with @marroon69 that the acronyms in soundset names are an annoyance. I presume they’re there because there’s a limit on the size of the name of soundsets but a solution needs to be found. It shouldn’t be up to us to figure them out, it should be blindingly obvious what campaign they’re for (tags maybe?).

There are so many soundsets in the player as a subscriber that it’s unmanageable the way it is. I’ve already got enough to think about as a DM so I’d rather not have more things to worry about.

So resurrecting this thread…Syrinscape is awesome but I struggle with the sound set organization. I much prefer the windows installed app to the web based experience. Is there a way to update the a sound set bar? Group by acronyms or create tree structure?

Here is an example I search for "MAL " to find the Malevolence sound set…I get 26 entries returned and the sound sets I searched I have to scroll down to see.

Please put some time into the UI to make this easier