Shadows of Brimstone campaign request

Hello! I am an iPhone only member (no orther tech) so creating with this Amazing service isn’t a viable option for me. So to the point:

Is there any interest in anyone creating western themed (gunslinger/old Clint movies) sound sets? Or are there already sets? This library and community involvement is vast!..

here’s a gest of Shadows of Brimstone:

Shadows of Brimstone: City of the Ancients dungeon-crawl board game set in the Old West, with a heavy dose of unspeakable horror! Players take on the role of a classic Western Hero Archetype, such as the Law Man, Gunslinger, or Saloon Girl. Forming an adventuring posse, the Heroes venture down into the dark mines, overrun with all manner of ancient demons and foul creatures from another world. Heroes explore the mines finding new enemies to fight, new loot to collect, and new dangers to overcome. Players can even find portals to other worlds, stepping through to continue their adventures on the other side!
Players visit local frontier towns between adventures, spending their hard-earned loot and building their characters from game to game.

A few Game expansions examples

Plains of Targa: An ancient frozen city whose living inhabitants are nowhere to be found. Instead, great mechanical keepers wander the city going about their duties - until interrupted by the arrival of the players’ characters!

Caverns of Cynder: Rivers of molten rock flow and pool into lakes of fire, forging fiendish Lava Men to assault any who dare cross over into their world. But there are also treasures to be found, gold and priceless artifacts pulled from across space and time to fill the vaults of Cynder, and the pockets of any traveler bold enough to seek them out!

Derelict Ship: Lost in space for centuries, the star ship Vostros disappeared with all its crew, on its final mission! Hurtling through interstellar space, the ship’s systems are still running; its Dark Stone Warp Drive still active, tearing open gates in the fabric of space and time that lead into the dark corridors and cold steel rooms of the ship. Though Darkness and death close in all around, there are many parts of this Derelict Ship yet untouched; amazing weapons and technology to be had if you can survive this terrifying voyage of the dead!

On the war-torn, industrial-age battlefields of Trederra, legions of alien soldiers patrol the ruins of their once great cities, searching for anyone foolhardy enough to intrude into their territory. Waging war on each other for generations, the battle-scarred Nations of Trederra use Dark Stone to fuel their engines of death, polluting their planet with radiation and drifting clouds of toxic gas. But there are also treasures to be found amidst the devastation, weapons and technology advanced beyond reckoning by brutal centuries of warfare.

Looking forward to any help!
(I had posted a more basc question and received some wonderful help pointing to a few sets already, again thank you!)

1 Like

Are you a super sayrin subscriber? If so I can make a few community content sets for if you can provide some PDFs or other literature about the game.

1 Like

I am! Days old newbie :innocent:

I used the game dev’s write-ups in the above post. I wll try to condense and be as specific in a game description soon (off to work)

Thank you! this community is wonderful!

1 Like

Thanks @davinci522! this is why we love this community, you are all awesome :slight_smile:
Milk and cookies for all! :milk_glass::cookie:

I have a good base for western town and saloon (Including a bar fight with revolvers). I’ll try to move onto the other parts here soon.

1 Like

So very grateful and Thank you! My girlfriend and I are getting into playing a game (Shadows of Brimstone) with a bit more depth and your efforts will greatly expand our enjoyment. We have graduated from Mansions of Madness and so far, total love for this new found fun!

@jcapron can you link me to some were I can read more about it? It would help me get things as accurate as possible

Shadows of brimstone

That’s the Flying Frog Productions site
(the game devs) hope that helps!

Can you give me a list of places you will be going to in the order of what you want done first? There seems to be a bunch of missions and if I work on them in my way it might not be the way you are going.

Here is what my hope(wish) would be. To have a handful of sets on our sidebar organized into these three groups; Town, Traveling, Missions. Each group would contain a small amount of sound sets to bounce between for atmosphere.

I have managed to create (from the huge library :innocent:) these sets already and when we are exploring a mission, I select that group and randomly let a soundset play. After we win or lose that mission we travel to town and I then select the town category and so on.

All I am truly missing are more western themed sounds (old gunshots, horses maybe western music, bandido/bandits that kind of stuff) It seems from my digging that the vast majority of sounds are of a more D&D theme.

Traveling and Town sets with sounds of the old west would be amazing and fit so wonderfully! Gunfighters, old six shooter gunfights, tavern without bards lol (love bards! Always play one when in a middle earth area, just not fitting in this realm :wink:)

The monsters are more a Cthulhu realm and tbo, if being able to have a basic old west anything is wonderful!

Again, thank you for any and all of your efforts!!

Ah moment! We don’t use sound to choreograph our games :grimacing:

All we will do is this: while in a mission, play various “fitting” background sounds. If its in a mine, something cave like in sound. If its in a fire/lava world, something that fits. When we travel to town, we’d like to have it sound like we are riding horses across different plains and similar while in town be more of an old west sound.

The game is rather simplistic when compared to what I assume most enjoy on this forum and we certainly won’t be trying to use this software for anything more complex that what’s somewhat defined above :innocent::innocent:

if you only need the western town set I can send what I have made to @Steve and he can look it over to make sure it follows all the rules for community content and then you can download it once it is accepted. I got some CC0 western tunes and merged them with horses, carts, small hand guns, rowdy patrons, and steam trains.

2 Likes

@Steve I just uploaded the soundset “Shadows of Brimestone”. Can you take a look at it to see if it can be community content? Or should I send you the zip file? I put it under Boardgames. The only thing not provided by syrinscape is the Western Music.

hmmm, I tried! no results for Shadows of Brimstone under Boardgames or any other content selection? Am I missing something?

(Also, total win and thank you for the effort!!)

It’s not community content yet. Steve or Ben have to review it then mark it as such before you can find it. I did a few of the missions too

There are some vaguely western tunes in the Board Game player, in the Spike set. The “lonesome harp” element has a lone harmonica playing, which is nice when you’re sitting around the campfire or whatnot. Unfortunately Syrinscape doesn’t have the tinny piano so beloved of saloons in all western films in any of its sets to date, but there is the harmonica music!

If it is released as community content it won’t be called “Shadows of Brimstone”, and all reference word wise would have to be removed. coughs copyright coughs :wink:
But it can surely be inspired by “Shadows…”

Suggestion, Acronyms are fun… SoB works more than one way lol :man_facepalming:t2:

1 Like

Perhaps “Sulfurous Penumbra”? :wink:

1 Like

Thanks @HECook I love it! and thanks @davinci522 for building this! Awesome when the community helps each other out like this :milk_glass: & :cookie:

Yes we’ll have a listen and get this made live asap. @davinci522 is the music something you have created yourself or is it CC attributed? (For anyone not aware Davinci522 composes very cool music) :slight_smile: