Online player very very quiet for my players

Also. Send me a remote control link to a Fireball Spell while you are at it. (top right)

ok switched to dungeon depths. also volume was up to max whole time

I think there is a bug where Mastervolume doesnā€™t get sent to a new person joining. So clicking 50% then 100% can get it to send againā€¦ just to make sure.

This may ACTUALLY be the problem. @sonofconan, @new_vision was seeing this, right?

owner%20low%20vol

in this picture you can see how low the volume waveform is even when the sound is loud as hell on my end

Ahhh!!! Scary monster dungeon! :squid: :game_die: :shushing_face:

Ahā€¦ I mean the Master Volume on the Master UI. Have you set that?

The volume on the Online Player is YOUR personal volume (you can set that without effecting your players)

A remote link for a sound? Never done that before- is that so you can actuate a sound?

(note this is a quiet SoundSet)

(start some music for me)

ok music incoming. yes both volumes set to max

Yup. CLick the three bars.

Then select ā€œturn on remote linksā€ (or something like that)

Then copy me the play button from the Fireball OneShotā€¦ then I can trigger my own spells when it comes to my turn. (I love this thing)

OK. Sooooā€¦ Turn DOWN the volume on YOUR Online Player app to whatever feels comfortable to you (that wonā€™t effect your players).

Then set the volume on the Master UIā€¦ as you play the gameā€¦ here comes a LOUD bit of music ā€¦ ā€œI turn down the master volume on the Master UIā€ā€¦ makes sense.

BUT note: some of THEIR Online Players may have never received the call from the Master UI to set the volume to fullā€¦ which is why their sound may be quite low.

wow ok having the players do the sounds for thier own spells is dope. thats cool. however I noticed it seemed really quiet on my end compared to when I hit the button myself

1 Like

What speaker setup?

Sometimesā€¦ mono bluetooth speakers do REALLY weird things to surround or stereo playback.

Just a tip, do not post links with an auth token in itā€¦ Send by DM if needed :smiley:

he heā€¦

NOISE! :beers:

stereo headphones. Well, it could be the volume reset thing you mentioned- maybe thier clients arent getting the 100% volume. Iā€™ll try the reset to 50% trick next game and report back

OK. Give that a try and let us know. :slight_smile:

Two things:

1. that was fun having my system sounds triggered by YOU
  2. THANKS for your support as a sub! I wish you good (and NOISY) gaming!

:game_die::crossed_swords::pizza:

And donā€™t forget to turn down the volume on YOUR Online Player for YOUR comfort, because that being HIGH is NOT making it louder for your Players.

Thanks Ben. A word of thanks- I havent ever seen a CEO/Owner be so responsive to the community. You are always johnny on the spot, but this time you have really blown me away. Amazing- thatā€™s what you are good sir.

2 Likes