"One-Shots" too loud. Any way to separately adjust? - HELP TESTING

See here for a pic of what it will look like.

Users like you have contributed to many many of the really good features in Syrinscape, so keep the feedbak/questions/ideas coming as they occur to you. :slight_smile:

Great to see the one shot volume control, do we have a release date?

Excited about the volume slider. Update coming soon?

Yep. This will come with our next update.

Also, this has already been implemented in the Master/Minion Player.

Want in on the beta?

Yes please for the beta!

Good day Ben and team.

Wow, so please ignore my comment left on a youtube video about this (I will see if I can edit it out)… This is exactly what I was referring to as well. My players and I have found the same issue. I use the sounds as a background thing, so we keep the sounds overall down, but when I use the one offs it totally blasts the players… Its extremely jarring, so the fact that you are doing this is making me jump for joy!!! We use an iPad with a single speaker set on mono setting.

So I cant wait for this to come down…

Jay

1 Like

The Master/Minion interface ALSO will let you adjust the volumes of the OneShots… so that might help to. :slight_smile:

Whats the Master/Minion interface? Im not familiar with that…

About to enter public beta (this week) (hopefully)

We’ve just completed a good private beta… and things are looking fine!

1 Like

Where can I sign up for public beta? :wink:

This is great news! Just tried Syrinscape at the table and they loved it, but the consensus at the table is that “One-Shots” are not to be used as they are joltingly loud. Otherwise, fantastic app! Great atmosphere for our Curse of Strahd campaign. Do we have an ETA on the next update?

The Master/Minion’s Public Beta is up and running.

Info here:
https://forum.syrinscape.com/c/master-minion-public-beta

With this tool you can change the volume of the OneShots!

There are somemissing features still, like Campaigns and decent Keyword searching, but other than that we are all go!

Try this!!! A test build for Android with the long awaited OneShot Volume slider.

2 Likes

Looking forward to the one-shot slider being fully implemented to the standard player. From my experience (I use the Marley wifi speaker suggested by Ben) I have had several of the one-shots blast the players out of their seats (not that this is a bad thing :smiley:) but would love to be able to control the volume of the one-shots.

As always, I greatly enjoy the product you have created. It has enhanced my D&D campaign immensely. Please keep up the good work.

1 Like

What is the status on the one-shot sound slider. The sounds I adding to Fantasy Grounds are strikingly louder in game.

2 Likes

Have you tested the beta build from the link two posts above yours?

1 Like

The PC build with this feature shouldn’t be too much longer. The change over to unity 5 has produced a few bugs. eg Unity five moved the Is_3D setting… so all sounds were coming right out of dead centre… Thanks Unity!

Still hunting for another bug at the moment = “Bypass Effects” doesn’t seem to work at the moment.

But yes, as @new_vision said… give the Android build up above a try for us and let us know if that will do the job (once you’ve got it on PC).

Going to hold on for PC build. For now will work with players on sound setting even if low effects can’t be heard. No android device for me to test and first sound enhanced game is this week.

Not sure if I should make a new thread, but the individual volume adjuster for the global one-shots in the online master doesn’t keep the volume set. Each time I adjust the individual volume adjuster of a one-shot it goes straight to 100% again when I click it.
Is there anything I’m missing?