I run 2 games a week on Fantasy grounds using Discord, MorphVox for voices and SyrinScape for sound. A few “best practices” that have worked for me…
- I use Voicemeeter to hook this all together. Sound quality is acceptable if not high quality on the end user’s side coming in with Discord.
- I use a separate “cable” for syrinscape vs discord chat. this lets me use voicemeeter to control volume levels for sound separately from the chat. That works well to jack up say a fireball spell or make background mood sounds a little more subtle.
- I use the client player for a series of custom global Oneshots for commonly used effects and I have loaded up a lot of the spells my players use. the online player doesn’t work well for this because its full of other junk I dont use. The client player only shows what you add. much better.
- I use the online player for background music as its easier to flip around different sets and search.
- I dont find the “combat” moods useful. D&D combat is somewhat slow paced with everyone taking their turn and the music is too fast. it doenst match and the monster grunts and weapon clashes become tedious. I prefer to use individual sounds or short bursts of certain sounds for effect then turn it off.
- the non combat moods I really like. Doing Rime of Frostmaiden right now and the town sounds and the background wind and snow sounds really adds ambiance.