Modern Soundsets

I am really liking the Coffee House and City Street soundsets. I’m going to be running a game of The Strange in a few months, and those will be really useful for the modern Earth segments of the game. Far different to be meeting in a Starbucks than, say, a disco club or friendly tavern.

If you guys end up doing other modern soundsets, I could recommend an Office soundset. Lots of games have you infiltrating offices (either before or after hours), or taking meetings while you try to sound out who’s hiring you today. Office phones ringing, office chatter, computers typing, copier/printer/fax noises, coffee pot brewing, water cooler bubbling, key card beeps, the HVAC kicking on (that is an amazingly loud noise that you don’t realize until it’s gone). For “behind the scenes” action, maybe a computer server room (for hacking purposes, naturally), or a security guard making his rounds (“Are you authorized to be on this floor?”).

Also a Police/Emergency Room soundset! Lots of player characters get into trouble with the law, or try to avoid it, or end up needing to get patched back together . Having sirens, police scanner chatter, officer comments (“Let me see your ID.” “Freeze!”), handcuffs rattling, etc. Or gurneys rattling, medical machine beeps, medical jargon (“Get his/her vitals.” “BP is dropping!”), curtains rattling open/closed around emergency room beds, doctors being paged over the hospital intercom, and so forth.

4 Likes

I’ll strongly second the motion for more modern sound sets, which happen to hit upon my favorite RPG genres… Glad to see more Cthulu queued for 2017, but there’s also urban fantasy, thrillers, and more to cover1

1 Like

More modern soundsets are certainly on our list of things to do and if you look at the release schedual you’ll see that we have lots of cool stuff coming out this year. We are also really keen to see YOUR modern content, so if you have created a modern sounding set in the Creater then share it with us and let us add it to the Createros catalog. Your content might even get featured like this one! :smile:

There is a healthy amount of modern sounds, on closer look. Good stuff.

The Nuclear Submarine is very cool and makes me want to look for an excuse to set a scenario there.

2 Likes