Masks of Nyarlathotep 1&2 / Curse of the Crimson throne how are they comming along?

How are the Masks of Nyarlathotep 1-2 / curse of the Crimson throne part 1-2 and creatures going.
Cant see I seen any realize / maybe I am wrong.
Any possibility getting a notification on Facebook / twitter when new things come out that is on the callender 2018`? :slight_smile:

Masks won’t be released until Chaosium releases the book, we can’t go giving any spoilers now can we :grin:

We’ll release the Soundset at the same time as the pdf of the adventure is released, which should be later this month

1 Like

What about the CotCT soundsets? Are those waiting on something too?

From what I’ve heard, they are currently in development and the team is trying to catch up to the schedule.

1 Like

I would really like a Horror on the Orient express series of soundscapes - one of the epic campaigns and it is already out there :slight_smile:

1 Like

I am really enjoying Masks part 1 but will probably be finishing Peru with my players tonight. Is there any word on when and how often the next parts will be released? I want to keep using these but if they are coming out to slowly I won’t be able to. Thanks!

In theory they will be coming out each month but they are huge chapters with lots of locations and events. I’m hoping to get part two out in the next couple of weeks! I’m hard at work on it whilst the rest of Team Syrinscape are over at Gen Con :grin:

Any update on the next Masks chapter ?

/bump
Playing Peru two weekends from now, and really loving the “monp” soundset! This will be fun :slight_smile: But will we see the next chapters’ soundsets available within the next month or so? The PDF’s been out for a while now.

Yep I’ll be putting the finishing touches to part two as soon as I get back from my vacation so fingers crossed it will be out by mid sept!

Glad to hear you’re enjoying part one, had great fun making that, especially the Alpaca :grin:

… Mid September, that’s 2,5 months after the release of the first part :frowning:
Looks like my campaign will be one step ahead of each soundpack at this tempo. Bummer.

Anyway keep up the good work, but hope you guys can get back on on more regular shedule.

Any news on the Masks soundpack, @Steve ?

Almost done! just putting the final touches to it :slight_smile:

Final touches … 12 days later.

Being a longtime supersubscriber, I must say I’m disappointed that way different packs are coming along.
You guys are branching out to different big IPs, but , IMHO, this is severely impacting release schedules. While this is not important on single packs, it has a major influence on a GMs campaign when you follow those IPs, the rhythm is simply not up to following those long adventure paths with different chapters.
You always have to wait till all the soundpacks are out before you should dig into a campaign with your players … which is the counterintuive as plays always interested in the 'latest hottest"

We hear you and are trying to get this content out as soon as possible. The Cthulhu genre and 1920s/30s in general is a whole new area for Syrinscape, which means that many of the samples and sounds have to be recorded and built from new. This is great in that it means we get lots of new samples and content in the server but does mean that building the content, especially at the beginning takes longer than usual.

The more of these soundsets we build the bigger the collection of background sounds we will have available. This thankfully means a much quicker turn around on the remaining chapters and more samples in the collection for people to build Community Content

While we’re all here, i’d like to give you a quick update on Crimson Throne chapter 2. Looks like it will be finished on the weekend October 13/14. I am aware, that we’re behind schedule, but we are definitely catching up. As Steve already said - there is lots of totally new contend to be build and i am pretty sure, that you all want a shiny polished sound goodness at your table.

Again - so sorry for this delay. 2018 is a crazy year, but from now on, everything should go much more smoothly.

Thank you for your patience, everyone! :hugs:

1 Like

Looking forward to CT Chapter 2. Any additional updates on it? I don’t think its been released yet.

Thanks!

1 Like

Last couple of moods being done on Curse now. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Any updates on Masks of Nyarlathotep? PDF has been out for ages now and we only have the Peru chapter still. I had to start my campaign, so I am doing the new york chapter now and I fear that pretty soon the Syrinscape sound pack will be obsolete for me with the frequency they are released…

1 Like

Although the PDF has been out for quite a while the physical book, which we originally planned on linking our releases with still isn’t out yet. With that said Chapter two will be out at the beginning of November (Once we are back from Spiel Essen) and chapter three should follow quite closely afterwards.