List of API calls? - FIXED

Hi,

I was wondering if there’s a list of all the API shortcuts with the name of each sound available?

Hopefully Ben has something like that to make things quicker & easier for us! I really don’t fancy having to create my own list. It’d take forever…

Cheers,
Jim.

Yeah, I wonder if there’s automated way to produce this list…

I’ll have an investigate. :smile:

Bump this thread after a while, in case I seem to have forgotten

Hey @DMG,

How about this sort of thing? Is that what you meant?

1 Like

Nice one! Thanks Ben.

So, this is only a partial list. Any format changes or additional content to add before I Do the complete list?

(Someone already suggested links to the product pages)

Product links would be great, if it’s not too much effort.

But I’m not in a rush, either way, as I’ve taken my VTT back to scratch (re-writing it in Unity), so that feature will be a while away.

1 Like

Coolies… I’ll add in product links… that’ll be very useful for someone, I’m sure!

Good luck with all your dev work! :smile:

My problem with oneshots is that I have to remember what soundset they’re part of. Having a full list of all these links, with URL triggers, I think I can build a basic HTML page that organizes them however I need.

I haven’t tried it from the partial list yet, but I will soon.

Can you add the product category (e.g. Fantasy, Sci-Fi, Boardgame)? (Maybe that’s what you meant by product link). Just thinking since I have the Adventure Path Subscription, it would be nice to be able to sort the list by the fantasy sounds only. I know… I need to upgrade to SuperSyrin! Frankly I’m probably not too far away from doing that. I’m getting jealous with all off the requests for access to the SoundSet Creator!

Thanks for all your work on this wonderful product!

If you’re a Fantasy Grounds user and use the DOE Sound extension (plug-in) then the sounds are automatically sorted for you by whatever name you care to give them. There’s also a space to enter extra info, like the SoundSet it comes from, etc.

Cheers

Yep, I’ve actually already been busily including the sounds and detailed descriptions in my FG modules. I was just thinking that having a list like the one ben is working on would serve as a nice additional way to search for sounds as well before I determine which ones to use. The DOE Sound extension is absolutely tremendous by the way and I hear rumors its about to get even better… :smile:

1 Like

Ok, so this is my first time posting a public dropbox link so please let me know if it works. I didn’t want Ben spending all of his time creating a list of API calls as I’d rather have him spend time on the product (which is awesome). So, I created my own API call list.

First, though, the bad news. Since I am only an Adventure Path Subscriber, the attached list is a complete list for the Fantasy product only. You will not find any Sci-Fi or Boardgame links. Sorry!

The excel file in the dropbox link include the following columns:

Product Category - Fantasy (maybe at some point I will add Sci-fi!)
Designed for Pathfinder - (Y/N)
Pathfinder Module - (e.g. Burnt Offerings)
SoundSet - (e.g. Bugbear Battle)
SoundSet Owned (Y/N) - This is intended to give you a column to populate “Y” for those SoundSets you own.
Mood/Oneshot - (Is this a mood or a one-time sound)
Description (detail of the mood/oneshot)
URL hyperlink - I hid column “h” which is the text url as I created a formula in coumn “i” to turn the text link into a hyperlink
Product link - hyperlink to the product page

Please help me proof this! It took me much longer than I expected and I’m sure I have errors. In addition, I am a 5e player and know nothing about Pathfinder so I just had to google and find the modules and hope I mapped them correctly. There are also some typos in the original products which I will alert Ben to. For now I tried to leave them as is so they match what is on Syrinscape.

If anyone needs me to create a csv file instead or has anything else they want to add, let me know. It is great to have the ability to sort this now. Next up for me is to create some keywords to more easily search for sounds in the entire SoundSet list. For now, I hope this helps many of you!

Finally, if the link doesn’t work let me know so I can figure something else out!

List of Fantasy API Calls

I have updated this to include the new Mouth Horror Soundset. Benjamin, can you maybe stickie this somewhere obvious? Hoping people are finding it useful.

3 Likes

Awesome work! Thanks for this, I’ll have a look through and test it out for you. :smile:

Nice list!

I think it would be awesome if the player would have an API where you could retrieve this list (automatically generated), probably in the JSON format.That way software developers could easily access the list and automatically show information (like if the user has the wanted soundset installed or even purchased). Developers could also integrate automatic buttons for available one-shots etc.

1 Like

This is soooooooooooooooooooooo amazing!

Thanks @Gwydion for your AMAZING work! :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

Yes, @eXaminator, we’ll look into adding this feature when we can!

*adds it to a long list :slight_smile:

@benjamin Ever thought about a public ticket system to make that “list” of yours visible for people? Something where people can post bugs and track the progress of issues more easily than on a forum? Maybe even with some sort of voting system that would allow people to vote which features they want the most? :slight_smile: That would add a whole new layer of transparency to the development process (if you’re even interested in that, many companies aren’t).

1 Like

I know a few of the ‘early development’ games I play use Trello for this and it seems to be quite a good program for doing it although it’s not something I look at that often. I do miss the schedule that Syrinscape used to issue though that told you of the upcoming soundsets, it helped me plan my games around what was coming out lol!

Once the creator is out of beta and the con season is over it would be great to get some kind of schedule again :smile:

1 Like

@eXaminator @Caldeth

Yep, yup and certainly! :slight_smile:

1 Like

I love the idea of a voting system for the most desired feature!