List of API calls? - FIXED

I have checked out trello before, it is a very simple and basic system for this sort of stuff and it can be used in a free version to check it out. I also saw a board somewhere where they actually had a voting system for this kind of thing in place. I even think it’s the board the trello team itself uses for prioritising their features :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thanks, Ben! One other thought. Certainly up to you, but do you think its worth setting a sticky/pin for this so others can find it? I think it might be useful for many, but I’m not sure if everyone will find this thread once it starts getting pushed down. Just a thought.

I love Trello, but it can easily get unwieldy if the backlog of items/ideas gets too long. I’d suggest looking at something more like Uservoice or IdeaScale, which scales better.

But regardless of how you do it, I really like the idea.

Or even an actual page on thr website as well… with a link back to this thread.

Have you had a chance to start using the list yet? I am creating a 5e campaign for my group and it has definitely helped me to quickly search for sounds for various portions of the adventure. Love any feedback as you look at it. Thanks!

I’ve not done as yet but am planning on sitting down this evening and write a Fantasy Grounds module using Delux-Oz’s DOE Soundboard extension so will definitely be using your list for that. I’ll post up some feedback for you as soon as I can.

Thanks again for doing it for us :smile:

1 Like

Umm, it’s Dulux-Oz, not Delux-Oz - and I wouldn’t bother if I were you - v2 is coming out soon and I’m not sure just how “backwards-compatible” it may be (due to the increased functionality and the resulting architectural changes). A working campaign should be OK, but a Module will probably break.

(I did mention to Gwydion to hold off releasing anything just yet when he first contacted me about things, but he choose not follow that advice - oh well, I can’t blame people for being keen :smile: )

1 Like

Ah fair enough then I shall hold off for a bit. Gives me an excuse to record more sound samples instead this evening :smile:

1 Like

Actually I did TRY to heed your advice and haven’t done too much inside modules/campaigns. I just created the list for everyone so that I could more easily find sounds from syrinscape to drop into my campaigns. I’m anxiously awaiting your updated release so I can do more! Thanks for ALL you do.

As a side note, I finally was able to test my setup of Teamspeak and Syrinscape last night with a friend and it worked flawlessly based on your detailed walkthrough. So cool!

2 Likes

Interestingly enough, in v2 I’ve found a way of doing things so that the GM doesn’t have to pipe the sound down Teamspeak (unless they want to, of course)

2 Likes

Well stop teasing and show me the money/update! :smiley:

In all seriousness, I can’t imagine how much work this is on your end and truly appreciate it! My players will appreciate it as well. My friend was really excited with the addition of the sounds when we tested it out last night.

You keep releasing and I’ll keep supporting!

Oh I’m know for being a tease :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

I would love to use the list for my game (I use sort of a wiki to prep my games and would love to drop some sound links right next to my material). But I use a mac book to run the game and I’m still waiting for a Syrinscape update that supports 3rd party on mach :frowning:

1 Like

Not sure if the update I just made is flagged or not. I just updated the list of API calls to add the Mouth Horror Soundset. The link is in the 12th post in this thread.

Oh man, you are awesome @Gwydion. Good show!!

Ok, so now I’ve updated the link in post #12 above to include the following new fantasy sets:

Mouth Horror
GenCon®
Grioth Battle
Mountaintop Portal
Swamp
Wagon Journey

1 Like

Does anyone (other than me) use this list? I need to update for some new soundsets, but wanted to check if anyone found it useful before I update again.

FYI, been using syrinscape a lot with fantasy grounds and teamspeak and its working great. Keep up the great work, guys!

1 Like

I’ve heard of quite a few people using the Fantasy Grounds integration and this really helps that, right?!

But yes, anyone who actually notices this post and does use this feature, please drop a THANK YOU here, to thanks @Gwydion for the hard work!!

I’ve not used it myself but I know it’s been invaluable for people using Fantasy Grounds so thanks for taking the time to put it all together :grin:

Ok. So, I updated the link in post #12 above (Ben, should I move it somewhere else?). I added the following soundsets:

Gurgles & Gas
Seedy Tavern
Shadow Giants
Matt Mercer - Drez Vina
Matt Mercer - Nostoc
Matt Mercer - Victor
KC Odexidie’s offices
KC Slavers Warehouse
KC Ravounel Forest
KC Ziggurat of Night
KC Mangv’s Heart
MOD Act 1
MOD Act 2
MOD Act 3
MOD Act 4
MOD Act 5
MOD Act 6
TSD Part 1
TSD Part 2
TSD Part 3

Couple other things. I could not update some of my columns (product link, designed for pathfinder?, etc.) as some of the soundsets such as all the MOD’s, the Matt Mercer sets and others are not listed on the store section of the website. Maybe I’m missing something? Ben, let me know if there is somewhere else I should look are if these are all in bundles I missed. I can update.

Please check my work if you are using this! Its a lot of detail and tedious and I’m sure I missed stuff. Also, if you are searching in the excel file, check spelling! I kept the spelling as it is in the website. Sometimes there are inconsistencies such as “Heirophant”. In some places it is spelled “Hiero” and in others it is “Heiro”. I just copied the way it is on the site.

Enjoy!

1 Like