Index / List of Sounds - FIXED

Hi Folks,
I’m sure this has been asked. I’m really enjoying using Syrinscape with Fantasy Grounds and my tabletop game. There’s such a bounty of music; tracks and sounds. However, when trying to prep, it’s somewhat cumbersome trying to find that perfect ‘sound’ or song. I understand you can use the search feature but that has it’s own limitations also. I was wondering if there is some sort of compilation listing all the tracks of music; sounds and one shots. Is there anything like that out there? I’d rather look at the list as it probably would give a better variety of choices. Thanks in advance for any help!!

Check out the first post of the DOE: Sound Thread on the Fantasy Grounds Forums.

Cheers

Thanks Dulux_Oz. When I go to the post with the DOE download, I’m not seeing any sort of index unless I’m missing it. Either that or I’m not in the proper thread. If you could provide a link it would be helpful…

I’m not using Fantasy Grounds and I’d like to see this too.
I’d also like to see descriptive words of the music, such as sombre, uplifting, creepy, to make it easier to choose.

Ok, so its REALLY hard to see, but on the first page of the DOE: Sound thread, just above the bold “Version”, there is a sentence that says, “A library of soundlinks is also available here”. The word “here” is a hyperlink to a page where you can purchase an entire library of soundlinks already created by Dulux-Oz. These make it very easy to drag and drop within Fantasy Grounds. He updates it monthly and you can purchase for $5.00 (once, or purchase the updates each month for $5 as well if you want, but no obligation).

I find it well worth the price and frankly I just want to support him for all the work he does!

1 Like

Ahhhh - I see it now. Thanks Gwydion!! So what does this nifty, whizbang tool do in addition to the index? I’m happy to toss a couple bucks Dulux’s way as I enjoyed his FG tutorials…Also, is it only for that date or are the updates going forward covered?

Instead of having to create the links within FG, this tool provides the links already. So, you can simply search for the soundlink and drag and drop them into your story entries, soundboards, etc.

Ohhh that does sound pretty nifty actually. So is the pricing $5 and then $5 a month for the updates (effectively buying the full list each month? Is that the model?

Yes. But no obligation to continue to update and u can always wait a few months and then update. You don’t need to buy every month. Whatever version you purchase will be the most current and have all the links.

Well, $5.00 remitted to Dulux!! I’m curious to see this as it looks to include everything which is pretty cool…Thanks for your help Gwydion (and Dulux)!

I’ll forward it to you in a few hours (basically when I wake up - yes, I’m actually asleep right now and this is an automated (would you believe Syrinscape) recording).

Cheers

2 Likes

OK - so Dulux was very speedy in getting me the Library of Sound Links (either that or Syrinscape is able to do more than just record for him) - lol. I’m trying to get this to work in FG and am having problems. I have made sure that the 2 DOE Sound items are enabled (DOE Base and DOE Sound extensions). I’ve activated the Sound Link module so that I can see it and open it up in the library module window and I see the searchable list with all the links. I then open up the Sound tab on the right and I’ve tried doing this on the Setup tab and the Miniboard tab. I click on the edit function of the Miniboard and it pulls up a sub-screen. I then click the Link in the Sound Library so that the purple icon is showing. I am then able to drag that onto the sub-screen for the Miniboard tab. However, when I click it, there’s no sound. I do have Syrinscape open and if I go to that sound directly on Syrinscape, it does work. If I just click the purple icon from the Library list there is no sound also (though I’m not sure if there should be doing that). Thus I must be doing something wrong here and it’s probably something stupid. Any help is greatly appreciated!! Thanks.

Have you turned ON Sounds in the FG Options/Settings window - as it says in the manual? :stuck_out_tongue:

Dohhhhh! I told you it was something stupid. That was it Dulux. Thanks.

You would be amazed how many people that catches :smile:

Very true… :smile:

In fairness to me, I’m a relatively new user of FG and I didn’t realize that you need to activate this for each module you create. That said, it is something I should have probably been able to figure out - lol…

And that’s a fair comment, and we were only having a “gentle dig” - a joke - with you (and others).

But its also the reason that I wrote/write the manuals for all the Extensions I write, so that people can make themselves aware of how to use the tools to maximum efficiency and in the way they were designed. :smiley:

Anyway, I’m glad we got it sorted.

Cheers

Ohhh - no offense taken at all. I was just rationalizing my stupidity - lol! I appreciate the help as always.

Ah man! People are too nice here!! :smiley:

Still haven’t had a decent flame war on these forums yet! :dolphin: