Having files that are perpetually waiting to transcode?

Suddenly I’m having trouble with files (both .oog and .wav) that never transcode. The files are imported, but no matter what I do the files always respond with “waiting to transcode”.

Waiting for the program to transcode a file has always been a pain, but now it won’t happen. The some of the files were created using Audacity and have no meta data.

Any ideas?

I assume the files have the proper sample and bit rate (44.1kHz, stereo, 16bit)?

Yes. Many files were created with Audacity and exported as .wav files, which has always worked before. Also, .ogg files will not trancode. Files from sources that previously had no problems.

This all began right after I updated to the latest version. Is it possible to roll back to the previous version? Right now I can’t import a single file.

If they say “waiting to transcode” it’ll most likely mean they are broken and can’t transcode.

Have a look here:

For repairing your database and removing problem samples?

Helps?

How can I debug this now with the online editor? Those guidelines don’t appear to apply any more. I uploaded a wav file and it says “waiting to transcode” ages after. The wav file appears to be in the format you’re suggesting:

Format : Wave
File size : 37.7 MiB
Duration : 3 min 44 s
Overall bit rate mode : Constant
Overall bit rate : 1 411 kb/s
Writing application : Lavf58.46.101

Audio
Format : PCM
Format settings : Little / Signed
Codec ID : 1
Duration : 3 min 44 s
Bit rate mode : Constant