Fantasy Grounds Syrinscape Support

Hi,

Thanks for the suggestion. While that will show me what is playing it doesn’t provide any access to the volume sliders which is what is needed to make selecting a sound or a mood using Fantasy Grounds viable.

You would have to add a volume slider to allow this to occur.

In this example I have selected the mood from FGU but the mood in the player remains unchanged (Back Alley). I can get the sounds playing up (thanks for that suggestion) but I don;t have any control on those individual elements.

If I were to then click on Volcanic Insurrection I can be taken to the sound tab and it will show me the elements that are playing and I can now adjust the sounds but the icons are not blue to show they are playing (not seen before). Also if I have some elements playing from a different soundet I guess I have to keep dancing between them all.

I suppose this a slight work around but not fully convient.

If you use the playing feature it will take you to a soundset mood but interestingly the elements that are playing are not highlighted blue although the graphical element waveform and the line around the icon (play time) are working as normal.

The Fantasy Grounds chat on this topic and their comments are available here: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?78287-Syrinscape-Integration

Okay. This is how to make Syrinscpae and FGU work best in a game (as it stands at the moment)

1. Have the Syrinscape Player Running (open the search panel).
  2. Play the mood and sounds you want using the FGU interface.
  3. Swap to the Syrinscape Player
  4. Toggle the Playing button - this will bring up all the sounds currently playing at the moment. Then select the sound element you wish to adjust.
  5. This will change the Syrinscape Player to show the mood and the elements playing in that mood. Normally active buttons would be blue (but here they stay white but the waveform will be playing in the little box and the timer line around the round symbol will be active). You will be able to see the graphic element playing.
  6. You can now manually adjust the volume.

Probably a good one for Ben / team make a short video on how to do.

Yes, this is exactly what I was suggesting with my earlier post, although admittedly I was rather terse about it and acknowledge it is not ideal.

Per Element volume sliders in search is something we hope to get time to look at at some point, it has been on the list since that search panel was originally developed. We can’t do much about wether FGU includes a volume slider in their interface or not, the API exists for them to potentially use, and we’ll support their dev to make it happen if they want, but they have to decide it is a worthwhile addition.

Element coins not following the playing state (white/blue) is another known quirk we have just not gotten to addressing yet. The search results have never followed the change in playing state if something other than the search panel itself made it, but we have laid some infrastructural changes that move towards allowing it to in the future. The SoundSet Elements panel I believe did at some point follow 3rd party changes to play state, but that was probably relying on the Online Player constantly sending updates (which would not be happening if you’re not running the Online Player app). Fixing this also on our wish list!

Appreciate your feedback :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thanks for taking the time to write a reply.

I had no idea that they were called Element coins - good to know.

Great that the API includes the capacity for Smiteworks to add volume sliders to individual elements should they go that route.

Seams like a bit of work to do behind the scenes on software. Ben always had a dream of connecting Philips Hue Bulbs to Syrinscape - I hope this becomes easier to do when the Matter standard is finally released (it too is taking time).

1 Like

I do not know how official the term Element coin actually is, so please don’t quote me on that :slight_smile:

But yes, as with many things in life, want begets want, and software development is no different, there is always a next thing!

Nope, Element coin is now official. :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

1 Like

Is there a way to add in custom moods to FGU? Im currently preparing for a session for my SKT game tonight and im trying to create scenes for the Citadel of Adbar.
I know theres a CSV export tool but that seems to only be for the pre-built “official” items.

Each time you do a CSV import you’ll get the latest version of everything YOU can play, so if you build some content and customise stuff in the Web Player, after a CSV import that will now be triggerable in Fantasy Grounds… at least that’s how it’s meant to work as far as I understand it… does that work for you?

Hey @lordgwydione are you using this built-in FG syrinscape support in addition to your Audio Streaming Setup, as described here?: Audio Streaming Setup

There could be advantages to this–for example auto-triggering one-shot sounds of melee weapons from within FG while still using your Audio Streaming channel to play music and ambient sound.

I suspect he is. Lordgwydione has actually built several of the premade Sound Link packs that you can purchase from the FGU store :grin:

Apologies for the delay. Yes I am!

Great to hear (and thanks, @Steve). I am not typically playing pre-made content (instead I play The One Ring and any number of GUMSHOE games) so I will have to experiment with building the sound links myself.

I do appreciate all the different fantasy combat sounds in the Melee Weapons soundtrack, and I recall there’s a bunch of modern weapon sounds in the Sci Fi player. So that will be fun.

YES to this, if that feature’s not already there.

EDIT: I caught up by reading the entire thread. I’d say streamlining the number of clicks and windows involved IS SUPREMELY WORTHWHILE to poor, harried DMs/GMs making consistent use of these tools (at least online via VTTs, where I do my game-running). So I second @andrew2’s feedback.

That’s not to look glass-half empty at the wonderful things Syrinscape and Smiteworks are doing–all this functionality is fantastic. Just sharing my two bits on user feedback. Ideally you want in-game use of the sound tools to be very simple and accessible–that, or yoga/deep-breathing training so GMs can think clearly under pressure and make lots of adjustments to precision tools while also attempting to read player cues and engage them in the action…