I thought I would share what audio streaming setup seems to be working for me at the moment. For background, my laptop has struggled a bit with streaming sounds to my players using the web app. I struggled with clicking, crackling, pops, etc… Right now I seem to have a stable stream but I will keep everyone posted.
Intel® Core ™ i7-9750H CPU @2.60GHz
RAM 32 GB (recently ugraded myself from 16 gb)
64-bit Windows 11 Home
OS Build: 22621.2134
Here is what I am using:
Audio Routing - VB-Audio Matrix (beta product from the makers of Voicemeeter). This does no audio processing which is what I wanted but only helps with audio routing. I am LOVING this product so far. Here is a link to their website. It is currently in beta but you can test if you join their discord. https://www.vbaudiomatrix.com/
I’m playing the Syrinscape Web App in firefox. Chrome has NOT worked well for me. I’m sending audio to my players using vdo.ninja (free) through firefox as well. This sends audio over your web browser. Here is a link for more info: https://vdo.ninja/ I’m using this so I can send audio from other sources in addition to Syrinscape to my players. (Sidenote, I tried kenku.fm and it just isn’t stable for me and leads to cracking and popping). The parameters I use in vdo.ninja are as follows (click link below and paste in browser to see the details):
The players just click a link I send them to listen to the audio I send. I replaced my personal link above so you could just create your own stream name and use the link if you want. The other parameters ensure I’m sending audio only as I don’t want to send video. I’m sending audio from my VBMatrix output 1 (this is a virtual output created from VB-Audio Matrix). Pro audio ensures it is stereo. Noap means no additional audio processing. Audio bitrate just means it will send at 320 bitrate.
I send the link below for my players to listen to the stream:
Similar parameters to what I’m sending out but ensures they are listening in stereo at 320 bitrate with no additional audio processing.
I was struggling playing the standard version of confronting the high priest with other setups. Really crackling and popping and sometimes not playing at all. With the configuration I’m using above, so far it is working without (or very minimal) crackling or popping! Hopefully it continues. I hope this helps others.