Exporting/Downloading Sound Files (MP3/WAV) - RESOLVED

Hi there,

I’ve just started here, so forgive my ignorance (though I’ve done some searches and haven’t found an answer).

I want to use the effects found in Syrinscape in an actual play podcast I’m editing in the Adobe suite of products. Is there any way to access the individual sound files to use as MP3/WAV, etc?

I see that it’s fine to do legally, I just can’t figure out how to do it literally. I suppose I could screen record, but that sort of real-time capture would really slow me down (and editing DnD is slow enough).

Any help at all would be appreciated!

2 Likes

Agreed! I’m trying to do this same thing. Has anyone found an answer yet?

1 Like

The sounds within Syrinscape are designed to be used within the app. Each SoundSet is made up of multiple different elements all playing with individual setting to randomise their location, distance reverb etc. So there are no MP3 or Wav files of the soundsets themselves, that’s one of the things that makes Syrinscape unique.

You can capture the audio though and add that into your podcast. There are already several topics in the forum that talk about that as well as a FAQ post but this one should be pretty useful.

1 Like

Yeah, it is soooo time consuming to edit live play broadcasts…

I DEFINITELY recommend running the sound live as you play… that way you get the benefit of creating more mood for the players… and contouring the drama… PLUS people can interact with the sound too.

But… if you neeeeed to add in post, then yes, anything that captures output stream will do the job. :slight_smile:

Click the “Credits” tab for whichever soundset you’re interested in. The vast majority of the unmixed sound sources they use in their sets are available for free by following those links. You won’t have access to any of the custom music that’s been created for the set, however, but if you’re willing to mix the samples yourself that’s a possible solution.

This is NOT correct.

Picking a SoundSet at random… “Ghosts of Saltmarsh: The Styes I”
Of 528 samples, 70ish were originally sourced from 10 samples shared by Creative Commons (a licence I very much believe in)… THOUGH very few of these samples have not undergone significant transformation before appearing in Syrinscape.

See the specific list of creation commons attributions for this SoundSet here:
https://syrinscape.com/attributions/?id=14827