Using syrinscape to enhance my podcast

Hello, not sure if this has been posted before, so please forgive me if it has. I’m producing a brand new podcast of my actual play D&D game. I am not the DM, so I don’t use syrinscape during the game, but I want to use it to enhance our podcast. Namely for background music and sound effects. My problem is that I’m not sure how to export the audio from syrinscape to mix into my recorded audio. I’m using Adobe Audition if that matters, but any help would be most appreciated. Thank you.

Recatorgorized for better attention…

I’m not familiar with audition but will it allow you to record from multiple inputs into separate tracks? If so then you should be able to record from syrinscape and from whatever voice chat and control the levels separately.

Hey! If you’re still looking for an idea, I can tell you what I do.

I throw all my tracks into Audition, but when it’s time for a sound effect, I open up Syrinscape, find the sound I want, then use Audacity to record it.

I’m on a Mac, so I change the audio output so that it can capture my desktop audio. (I use the Multi-Output Device setting. If you’re on Windows I dunno that side!) Then I just play the audio. If it’s music, I browse on my phone and wait :slight_smile: When it’s done, I export as a wave, save it with a naming system that works SFX - Short Sword or Music - Syrinscape - Battle 1, things like that.

If I may, my big tip is to put the source of the sound in the naming file. This way you can properly attribute it when you get to the posting part. Syrinscape lets you throw a quick line, but if you ever get to other music sources, it’s handy to know where they came from!

I hope this helps!

1 Like