So far, all I keep seeing are both VTTs starting to connect the great sound, but …just…not doing so. Since Roll20 and Foundry seem to be stalling the option, can Syrinscape tell us how to connect our online player to our Foundry / Roll20API for us. What are we the fans missing and why are we waiting for the Powers-That-Be to contact Ben? Ben, superhero us how to make it happen? What do we need to do/have/obtain/procure to do that. I’m not the techiest of dudes, but I can certainly try. Just be aware I will be raising my hand a lot and probably asking you to treat me like a primary school student.
Not an response, but an addition.
Since the a/v of Roll20 (haven’t used Foundry) is a deplorable, under-performing resource hog that crashes the game fairly consistently, more useful would be a Discord Plug-in. Currently, having players log into the VTT, Discord AND Syrinscape consistently creates issues.
It’s not the prettiest, but I made a guide for Foundry here: Controlling Syrinscape Online with Foundry VTT
I’m sure it can be used with roll20 as well
I love this!
How things stand as far as I understand them:
- we have built awesome tools for 3rd parties to integrate, control, make Syrinscape playback easy and invisible WITHIN VTTs
- Fantasy Grounds community members have built amazing tools to make this happen there
- d20pro has done the same
- It is possible in Foundry and there are a couple of community members looking to get that done there (we have helped a few people with get-started-info
- I DON’T think this is possible in Roll20 atm, because of the way it works.
I DO KNOW:
- you can simply use the Online Player as it is, and control the sound from ANY device… I like to use the Master UI on my iPad, sitting to my right so I can just reach out and touch it without having to minimise or switch over to anything on the PC I am using for my VTT
- the Discord solutions that are explained in various places here are a good thing for getting the sound down the Discord Pipeline instead, but note:
a) the people listening won’t be able to set their volume independantly (or listen in surround, once we impliment this)
b) we are looking to do MORE cool stuff with the Online Player Client = like allowing Players to make personal OneShots available there that they can trigger (and the sound gets mixed into the rest of the stream) = I am very excited about this one.
ALSO NOTE: some people complain it is hard for their players to sign up and connect with their DM’s game. We are working on making THIS easier too!
LOTS of good stuff coming!
THANKS for your patience everyone!
As far as I know, roll20 does not expose a User based API. They certainly have integrations with external sources but they do not allow users to create these.
Just for the record, now that I’m back into things I’ll be porting my famous (the original, and the best) DOE: Sounds over from FG to FVTT (under a slightly new name - TBA).
For those of you who don’t know / can’t remember, I was the person who originally worked out how to integrate Syrinscape with FG - all of the current implementations wouldn’t work/exist without the original work that I did (and yes, I am blowing my own horn - I believe I have a right too ).
So, keep an eye out (it’ll be a few weeks or so before its ready) - and if you’d like to help and/or see it sooner, then you can do so by supporting me on Patreon - www.patreon.com/duluxoz
How is this going dulux? I am excited to get this up and running since I’m in the process of migrating to fvtt
Yeah, its going - I make a weekly update post on my Patreon page (see previous post, above) on or around Fridays, so keep an eye out there to stay informed (or even become a patron, if you like).
I personally don’t care much for roll20 because I migrated away from it when I discovered how awesome FoundryVTT is so I really hope a native integration with Foundry happens soon