Discord + Syrinscape

Hello,

Just wondering if there is any update on progress / ways to get a bot for Syrinscape to directly pump into discord like there is with music?

I’m so frustrated with Syrinscape. I’ve been paying for 2 years and have used it 3 maybe 4 times (and I run weekly games) because there is just no convenient way to get it to interact so my players can hear it.

hey dude!

I followed this guide and its the BOMB. Discord Bot for Syrinscape to get Stereo Sound

4 Likes

Yes. This is definitely the way to go if you are using discord to stream sounds to players.

I’ll play a third to this. I have been using the setup for weeks now and it is flawless. I even went so far as to build myself a batch script that launches all the things including my VTT and notes/digital DM screen.

I keep meaning to follow this and set it up for myself, I just never get around to it :frowning: but for now, its not a problem. streaming it directly into discord works fine for me. Im so grateful for people making all of this awesome stuff though :slight_smile:

Vicki, created this just for you. :wink: hehe.

RoundToIt

1 Like

LOL thats brilliant. I still haven’t gotten around to it face palm I wonder how long it’ll take. I open that tab up almost every day, then I work on other things, then my day ends, the tab gets closed and then I do the same thing the next day.

hey, same story but different issue. i just cancelled my subscription yesterday. i really wanted this service to work but i couldnt get past licensing inflexibility. $7 vs $10? all i paid for was a bunch of headaches. i found the app way too slow and cumbersome to even be worth the time to bother with. good luck with the discord set up

Hi @ceruphin, what do you mean licensing inflexibility. $7 vs $10?

The D&D, Pathfinder and Sci-fi Subsciptions ($7) unluck access to the relevant soundsets from those catalogues.
The Supersyrin Subscription ($10) unlocks access to ALL of our soundsets and all of the Syrinscape tools, allowing you to host games online and create your own soundsets. A full description of what each sub tier includes is included on the description of the sub in the store.

Re headaches, I’m sorry to hear that. Did you reach out to us at support for help?

1 Like

I reached out on the forums multiple times but the only answer seemed to be upgrade to a SuperSyrin subscription. The version of the service I experienced for $7/month was unusable, so I unsubscribed. If $3/month changes my experience that dramatically than there is something wrong with your licensing model.

I dont play Pathfinder or other Sci-Fi games, I just want to create a few soundsets for my D&D games so I can use it once or twice a month, $7/month is MORE than fair for my use of this service.

I didnt even get to use the service after paying for it and trying to set it up because the user interface was too slow and difficult to use.

Unless you are going to enhance the desktop application so i dont have to use the web interface or unless I can have some limited or even basic customization features this isnt a service i can come back to or recommend to others.

Again, it feels like I might have a different experience if I was a “SuperSyrin” but im not paying you any more money to use this service for one or two D&D games a month, especially after multiple attempts to geniunely use the service to the best of my ability and go through all the discord config. This was a real let down for me.