Creator stuck at startup (Connecting...)

I’m using the MacOS version and the creator is stuck at “Connecting” after launching it. I already checked the DB for missing transcoded files and all, but I can’t find the source of the problem. Is anyone else having this problem?

So I guess you have used it before and it worked like a charm?

Not really. I have used the Windows version several times (in a Windows desktop), and I’m trying the macOS creator to see how it works for the first time.

Same thing happens to me (in Windows version) and still haven’t managed to solve it… :frowning:
Any possible solution for this?

@thedragonladis @marcmundet I guess you guys have checked this forum thread?

Also - do you have a user name (be it in Syrinscape or as a MacOS user) with special characters?

Yep, I tried that before posting (I’ve battled with the creator on Windows for a while). My username has no special characters at all.

It worked for me. But i found out that everytime I close the creator it happens again so I have to go trough all the process to make it work. Al least I can use it now…

So it’s only the Mac version that gives you headaches at the moment? Win version runs? As the Mac version is relatively new, goblins are probably targeting it with their sabotage skills.

Do you close the Creator with the quit option of the task bar icon? Or do you just close every visible window and that’s it? If it is the latter that may be the reason why the database is faulty on restart, as the program wasn’t shut down properly.

I’ve closed it in any possible way I have found but the problem persists. I’ll try other possible ways. Or is there any other way to close it I haven’t thought of yet?

Usual way to close it is: close the interface (aka browser), then rightclick on the taskbar symbol and select quit.

But if you already have it done this way, it is unlikely to be the source of the problem.

Yes, I’ve tried that way and the other way around (first taskbar, then browser). I’ve also tried closing it from the task manager directly (before and after the browser).

Anyway I’ll keep an eye open for and clue about it. There’s also something interesting… the amount of “empty samples” I have to delete before using the creator isn0t always the same… sometimes two, sometimes three, etc. I don’t know if there’s a reason for that :frowning:

Anyway thanks for the help!!!

I’m still having this problem and I can’t use the Soundest Creator at all. If I enable the logs, this is what I get:

2017-10-29 22:19:05,202 WARNING editor:109 Starting web server.
2017-10-29 22:19:05,205 WARNING editor:109 Starting player.
2017-10-29 22:19:05,209 INFO editor:58 Starting interface (when ready).
2017-10-29 22:19:05,746 WARNING py.warnings:8 /Users/admin/.pyenv/versions/2.7.13/envs/syrinscape-creator/src/pyinstaller/PyInstaller/loader/pyimod03_importers.py:389: DeprecationWarning: the md5 module is deprecated; use hashlib instead

2017-10-29 22:19:05,827 INFO soundsets.management.commands.run_syrinscape:61 Looks like we were started by the tray/menubar app. Starting a loop to watch the tray/menubar process. Will shutdown if it dies.

I’m trying to use the Soundset Creator in macOS High Sierra, but I’ve had this problem in macOS since the beggining. Editing the SQL file does not fix it for me.

Is a solution in the way? It’s been a couple of months since I posted about the problem and it’s still there…

Deleting both players, the sound set creator and the apps data from the Application Support folder and making a fresh install of everything resolved the problem. I guess something was really corrupted in the SQL database apart from the usual suspects :frowning: