Creator not starting again - RESOLVED

Sorry for the ongoing odyssey, but I like this program and want to be able to use it :slight_smile:

Last week, my AV / firewall was interfering with the Creator so that the webpage it runs on would not open (it looped on “logging on” and then quit). Then, I got it open by reinstalling with no firewall or AV on at the time, but it wouldn’t play. I then tried adding my home IP address as a trusted IP and refreshing the webpage, then closing it and reopening it from the “player” in my notification area.

Now, it won’t open at all again, and the AV is again putting files in quarantine when I try to open the Creator. It doesn’t loop on “connecting” but sits on “ready” or “waiting for UI” for a minute or so, then it disappears – both the independent window that typically then triggers the webpage to open as well as disappearing from the notification area.

I am… confused… as to what to do. I had managed to do some work and don’t want to do a full re-install and lose that work. And it would be super frustrating to need to turn off my AV / firewall, and then reinstall, every time I want to open the Creator.

Most AVP programs allow Syrinscape to run and already have it listed in the safelist so have no problems. Some programs though will need you to manually add Syrinscape to the list and if those programs update they can sometimes require you to again add programs to the safe list. If your AVP is set to automatically quarantine files it doesn’t like then it could do this everytime the program updates.

You need to either;

1. find a way to have the Syrinscape Soundset Creator permanently added to the safe list. (Best fix)
  2. Set the AVP to require your permission before quarantining files (annoying at first but the safest fix as it wont just be Syrinscape that your AVP blocks)
  3. Use another AVP (Not really practical in many cases)

In the future the Creator will be part of Syrinscape Online so that might make a difference but for now I think one of the above three suggestions will be your best fix.

This thread might help, i hope! Norton Anti-virus is deleting my Install File?

The built-in Windows Defender in Windows 10 is actually pretty amazingly good…