Connection from Creator to Player

Can someone explain this to me? Let me back up. What a fantastic tool! I instantly subscribed upon seeing some videos. So, bravo. And many of the tutorials are so good and so enthusiastic, it’s infectious. So, well done. But, I don’t understand the process of getting a soundset from creator to player. I’ve done it once, but I don’t seem to be able to do it again. Is there some unique ID that is used to identify a soundset that is hidden? That would make sense, but I was hoping for confirmation.

The upload function is leading a life of its own. Sometimes it just doesn’t seem to want to upload your stuff. But this can have various reasons. You might want to check here

for possible fixes that address your problem. Basically you will have to check, if all the samples you’re using are in the correct format, have no meta data attached in the file properties and that you have entered a player of your choice in the editor. Just check out the link and your used samples. That should make the upload work again.

For what i know, the upload issue has top priority on the to do list for the next creator version, so for now everybody has to live with the workarounds. But that’s managable once you know the common glitches.

But the only way to get the new soundsets into the player is to upload them and then go into the player and search for it and DL it? Right?

Yes that’s right. Any content that you create on the Creator has to be uploaded to our server, you can then download that content to any of your logged in devices. There is no way to manually transfer content from the Syrinscape SoundSet Creator to the Player, this is because the way the soundsets have to be transcoded and installed. From the server you can then sync your creation to any of your devices, PC, MAC, Android or iOS.

As @new_vision said samples that you upload do have to be WAV or OGG files and they need to be 16bit, 44k Samples (CD Quality) and without any meta data otherwise the Creator will be unable to upload the sample. Also If this is the 2nd SoundSet you are uploading, you may need to clear the ‘stuck’ upload zip from your Cache.

1. Shut down the Creator completely, using both SHUTDOWN and QUIT from the tray icon
    C:Go here: \Users[YOURUSERNAMEGOESHERE\AppData\Local\Syrinscape\Syrinscape SoundSet Creator\media\export
  2. Delete everything in this folder
  3. Restart the Creator
  4. Cross fingers and toes
  5. Try uploading again.

Ben’s actually made some great videos, which explain the best ways to work with the Creator. Their really worth watching, the first one is here;

Sweet majesty! Progress! Thanks for redirecting me to that post. I found it amid many other steps and wasn’t sure where to start.

So, I am back to progress bar and log updating. What’s the turnaround time on finishing upload and seeing it in the player?

Depends on the file size but normally pretty quick, half hour at the most but normally a couple of minutes :smile:

Of the last 100 SoundSets that were uploaded by users, 4 refused to process.

The most common reasons for a failed process are:

1. Missing Genre (under the SoundSet inspector).
  2. A broken sample (codec, meta tags etc)

Both of these can be readily fixed with the right clicks!