Apple Airplay 2

When will Syrinscape be compatible with Apple Airplay 2? It seems to be a pretty glaring lacking.

6 Likes

I thiiiiiiiink this might be possible. I’ll put it on the dev list to look at.

Note: There are quite a lot of things on that list, but if it’s on the list it’ll reach the top eventually. :grinning::grin:

2 Likes

That would be excellent. This will allow everyone with equipment like Sonos and an i device to be able to use your service.

Thank you!

3 Likes

New to this app, (and it’s great) but I really need support for AirPlay 2. Without it, it’s making it rather difficult to run a game the way my sound systems are configured. Thanks!

PS, if it could run in the background that would be awesome as well!

3 Likes

I agree. Having to use “system sound” creates too many issues. I hate that it cuts audio when exiting the app which I do often to change lighting situations. And iOS 12 doesn’t allow users to change the system audio unless you are in the app which then wont work right cuz it has to be changed before opening Syrinscape.

1 Like

Looking at this is on the list… a fair few things ahead of it still… but it’s there on the list. NOTE: the more people ask more insistently for this, the more likely it is to take a jump further up… so don’t be afraid to add you plus one (people reading this now)

:smiley:

5 Likes

I also use Sonos and would love to have Airplay 2 added to the app!

2 Likes

I used to stream Syrinscape to my Libratone Zipp via AirPlay. This is not working anymore since the Zipp got the AirPlay 2 update… :persevere:
I would really appreciate a fix for that.

2 Likes

Another Sonos user here looking forward to Air Play capability :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I have a sweet Sonos setup. AIrPlay would make my gaming chamber AWESOME! Do it! Please!

3 Likes

I also would love Airplay support!

2 Likes

I would also love to see airplay support, but even more it’s crucial to me to have the sound play in the background on my iPad.

2 Likes

Heard you. Have you tried the Syrinscape Online Setup. That way you’ll be able to run Syrinscape from within any browser window and have the sound coming out of a device plugged into your stereo system off to the side.

You can nav away from the browser window without interrupting the sound.

Give it a try, and let me know how you get on! :slight_smile:

Sure, I can try that… I haven’t set that up yet, it works on iOS?

Did you ever get this working in any way that doesn’t involve 2 devices? The “online setup” thing says that it’s not on iOS or Android yet, so the only option I can see is to have a laptop or something hooked up to the speakers and then controlling it from the iPad?

Either way, that’s kind of a crap solution for something that should require just a single device.

Agreed. This “works”, but is not a real solution.

I would love airplay support as well so I can get Syrinscape running through my sonos speakers (or a sonos app, that would be good too!)

1 Like

Yep! It’s definitely on our list of TODOs. And definitely significantly higher since all the comments on this thread! :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Joining the chorus of people who want AirPlay support! It could easily be the make or break for me going SuperSyrin :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Hi,

I too would love Syrinscape on the Sonos!

I have emailed them: the website Syrinscape needs to visit is https://developer.sonos.com/

Please do so!

Thanks,

Ryan

1 Like