5E SpellPacks in Community Content

Hi all,

I have made two Community Content SoundSets (visible to our SuperSubs).

They are Drafts of a D&D5E SpellPack for Wizard and Cleric. Search for “D&D5E”

Wanna take a look and let us know:

1. What spells are missing? (Ie really important frequently used spells)
  2. What spells are there that really don’t need to be there, fewer spells = easier to find the one you are looking for.
  3. Which spells really don’t sound right at all to you?
  4. NOTE; try searching for these spells by name in the Online Player = fast, especially once we allow people to filter by Element Type.
    4a) NOTE NOTE: we are bringing similarly easier search functionality to the Offline Players this year (that’s the plan)

These were originally built for a board game called Spellcaster, and then were used to cover Pathfinder 1E spells. Once we have the right repertoire of spells here and a general feel determined, we will rebuild/refresh many of these to get these packs sounding purely awesome and release on the Store.

1 Like

Missing spells that I would like to see:
Wish
Meteor Swarm
Wall of fire/ice/force/stone
Prismatic Wall
Weird
Time Stop
Reverse Gravity
Prismatic Spray
Forcecage
Teleport
Delayed blast fireball (maybe a two part sound with a “set” and “trigger” sound)
Mirror Image
Chain Lightning
Banishment
Dimension Door
Counterspell

Some feedback from a quick listen to the Wizard set:
Acid Splash and Alarm are amazing! I think they are perfect in conveying the sense of the spell in sound. Great job!

Charm person sounds like it ends with the windows startup tone. I’m not saying thats good or bad, just an observation.

Personally I am not a fan of the “zap” sound at the beginning of Knock. I feel like a heavy door knocker or something deep and heavy should play before the unlock sound.

Light feels a little too long. A cantrip that creates light feel instantaneous while the sound feels like it has to charge up. It could get left unused because people don’t want to talk over the sound in RP moments.

Protection from energy sounds like a few elements mixed together, but no “protection” from them. Maybe a sharp cutoff with a bright twinkle or other mystical “Shing” at the end could help imply protections.

Thunderwave need base. You have the shock sound but no thunder.

Does anyone really use true strike? :stuck_out_tongue: (but really it sounds good)

Just my quick thoughts on the wizards spells.

This wins! :slight_smile:

But yes on a serious note the description for Knock says “When you cast the spell, a loud knock, audible from as far away as 300 feet, emanates from the target object” I know this because I was very happy when my Bard picked it up and then instantly turned that smile upside down when I realised the spell is not sneaky :frowning:

This is great. I’d love to see sounds for:
Toll the Dead
Infestation
Poison spray
Mold Earth
Shillelagh
Spare the Dying
Vicious Mockery

Great idea!

I just started playing a Druid, and I was looking for spells like Thorn Whip and Primal Savagery but came up with nothing. I ended up taking sounds from 3rd party sources and mixing then together to make my own (whip+stab)(animal growl+slice).

So yeah, I am all for having the official spells on deck in Syrinscape, so tackle Druid spells next, Ben! Thankfully, Druids only have a handful of exclusives, as the rest of their spells come from Cleric or Wizard.

I know it isn’t Wizard nor Cleric but every Warlock need his Eldritch Blast. The force missile is nice but imagine hearing this same sound again and again and again…:sweat_smile: We need some variations on the force spell theme !

2 Likes

Totally second this, several different samples of Eldridge Blast would be cool to give them a little variation. One of my players spams this spell soooooo often! :rofl:

4 Likes

This is AMAZING and perfect and useful feedback. Thanks to everyone who contributed!!!

I’ll get onto make all these things happen! :slight_smile: :hammer: :beers:

2 Likes

So, @davinci522

Thank you so much for your suggestions. All have been taken on board. I’m gonna leave off Wish, Prismatic Wall, Weird and Time stop because they are SOOOO high level, and we are trying to keep this list as quickly searchable through as possible.

If you reeeeeeeeeally wanted ONE of those, which would you prefer to have?

Soooo… my only list that is REALLY short is the Paladin. They only have 45 spells as is and we only have 24% of them listed.

These ones:
Paladin Spells
0th level to 9th level spell
Aid
Banishment
Bless
Detect magic
Detect poison and disease
Dispel magic
Lesser restoration
Revivify
Stoneskin
Zone of truth

Which REALLY important Paladin spells are missing from this list?

And anything super important missing from the Druid list?

Druid Spells
Detect magic
Dispel magic
Lesser restoration
Stoneskin
Charm person
Conjour elemental
Create or destory water
Cure wounds 1-2
Cure wounds 3-4
Cure wounds 5-6
Cure wounds 7-9
Enhance ability
Fog cloud
Hold person
Jump
Magic circle
Mending
Protection from energy
Thunderwave
Reverse Gravity
Infestation
Poison spray
Mold Earth
Shillelagh
Thorn Whip
Primal Savagery

And finally the Ranger?

Ranger Spells
Alarm
Detect magic
Lesser restoration
Cure wounds 1-2
Cure wounds 3-4
Cure wounds 5-6
Cure wounds 7-9
Fog cloud
Jump
Protection from energy
Silence

What’s missing there?

Actually, to be thorough:

Here’s the Bard:

Bard Spells
Bane
Bestow curse
Charm person
Comprehend languages
Cure wounds 1-2
Cure wounds 3-4
Cure wounds 5-6
Cure wounds 7-9
Dancing lights
Detect magic
Dimension Door
Dispel magic
Enhance ability
Forcecage
Hold person
Hypnotic pattern
Knock
Lesser restoration
Light
Mage hand
Mending
Mordenkainen’s sword
Power word kill
Prestidigitaion
Silence
Sleep
Stinking cloud
Teleport
Thunderwave
Tongues
True strike
Vicious Mockery
Zone of truth

1 Like

And this time, really finally:

Warlock Spells
Banishment
Charm person
Comprehend languages
Counterspell
Dimension Door
Dispel magic
Eldritch Blast
Fear
Forcecage
Hold person
Hypnotic pattern
Infestation
Mage hand
Magic circle
Mirror Image
Poison spray
Power word kill
Prestidigitaion
Ray of enfeeblement
Toll the Dead
Tongues
True strike

Right, last call… what’s missing from these lists!!!

NOTE: I’m trying to keep these as SHORT as possible, so where a generic spell sounds 0 to 9th would suffice, that will be used… and I’m GENERALLY avoiding SUPER high spells that are not actually used very frequently… AND if a spell has an obvious candidate for a substituted sound, then that can be used too.

All makes sense>?!

Now… GO! :smiley: :beers: :crossed_swords:

I’d say if you had to choose the one spell to make sounds for it would have to be Wish.

1 Like

@davinci522

Wait for it…

Your…

your…

*engage dad joke mode
Your WISH is my command! :smiley:
*disengage dad joke mode

!!Added!!

Goodberry
Hunter’s Mark
Longstrider
Animal Friendship/Speak with Animals
Barkskin
Spike Growth

1 Like

Hail of Thorns (seems the most used one by the ranger in my party)

1 Like

OK. These are great! Thanks @lordgwydione and @doc

One last thing I need are some of the most important Paladin spells!