Wildsea Soundset?

I am in the middle of the Wildsea RPG book and it’s becoming apparent this is VERY “theater of the mind” and a good Soundset could make all the difference. Will I need to make my own? Thanks in advance for any help or insight!

Edit: It occurred to me it might help if I post some reference…

I don’t know if there will be an official one, but I could help put together something with the current sounds! So wind, ship noises, rigging, sails, trees, leaves, birds, and sailors for a start? Chainsaws, oil, rope golems and all can be added!

1 Like

Yes, thank you so much for your insight. All of that is correct! Insects buzzing/chittering would also be helpful.

I had trouble finding time to juggle sounds when I was running a DnD campaign, but this RPG seems to give a lot of room for DM and player back-and-forth, I think it will be much better paced to let me provide the perfect sound accompaniment.

I haven’t ever tried creating my own Soundset, is it very difficult?

Its not a game that we have a license for, but looking at the link you posted it does look like a beautiful game! I think Ill have to give it a try with my players :grin:

But no, we won’t have any official content for it, but will have lots of content that will suit perfectly! “Gnomeland security” has lots of chainsaws, “High seas” for your boats and rigging and then any of the forest SoundSets for your deep forests. “Tropical Jungle” has lots of insects, thick foliage, birds and animals.

As for building content, check out our YouTube page were we have a series of videos that teach you how to build content. Also depending on your time zone at 4pm Pacific today, I will actually be showing Dan from our team how to build a SoundSet on our Twitch channel. Dan will be running his first game in a few weeks and so for the next few weeks he is learning how to use Fantasy Grounds, build SoundSets, Set up Sound Links in a VTT and finally how to run a game.

2 Likes

I appreciate the invite, I saw it too late unfortunately… but I’m tenacious about stumbling through these things. I see everyone here is so welcoming and helpful, I feel no fear coming back with questions. Thank you for all of the spectacular suggestions so far! :slight_smile:

1 Like

I have Friday evening off. I’ll try to get you a good list of various other sets and elements that will hopefully be of use!

1 Like

Rigging/ships - High Seas, as Steve said, particularly the “creaking rigging” “swinging hammock”, and possibly “sails luffing” or “sails in high wind”.

Wind/trees/bugs - Elements - Wind is a great set with lots of good elements, Dryad Encounter has some great ones, “plains day”, “tree wind”, “wind in the trees”, “happy birdies”. Book of Ebon Tides Introductory Set has “creaking and snapping wood”, “grass in the wind”, and “underbrush”. Tropical Jungle (or Jungle (Tropical), both exist) there is “creaking trees”, “cicadas”, “hot day insects” and “night insects”. Also there are bird elements in each of those sets!

Rope golems - try the Corpse Lotus Battle. The vine whips and vine constriction sounds are great for rope golems doing their thing.

Elements - Fire - would be useful for oil, as would Mad Scientist’s Lab for bubbling vats or whatnot.

Gnomeland Security, like @Steve said, has “chainsaw running” and “chain cuts” for cutting through the trees.

I’m not sure if you’ll need it, but being as this world is covered in trees, I’m guessing there are some high settlements of some sort? The Floating Citadel set may be of use. So would some sets in Tomb of Annihilation 2, specifically the Firefinger set (using the pterafolk nest and pinnacle sounds for a high place) as would the Kir Sabal set, which has an aarakocra community.

I hope this helps!

2 Likes