Web Player very poor Sound quality

Using Fantasy Grounds Unity, Discord for voice and video chat, using the Syrnscape extension for fantasy grounds (chat triggers ect). I have found the sound quality very poor. Lots of cracking poping and skipping. This didn’t happen with the Online Player.
This translates to all my players too and is not related to PC, browser, or speaker quality. Has anyone else experienced this with or without fantasy grounds?

We are aware that different browsers seem to be giving very different results in sound quality, which is due to the different ways the browsers handle sound. Our dev team are currently looking into this and looking for ways to correct/bypass those issues.

In the meantime if you have another browser available to you in might be worth you giving that a try and seeing if it does make any noticeable difference in sound quality for you. And if so, let us know which browsers you used, as the more info we have the easier it will be for us to find a solution!

I will try that thank you very much for the reply

Hi,

I can say that using Firefox as the player browser doesn;t result in the crackling sounds that you definately get with the microsoft edge browser. The one problem with Firefox is that it will ask you to click the active sound component in the top edge of the browser. Sometimes it won;t appear and other times it won;t respond to clicking. Shutdown it this happens and try again eventually you will get through.

1 Like

Chrome on Mac has been flawless and drama free.

2 Likes

2023 will be us:

1. working hard to make ALL browsers do all the things they are supposed to do (starting and stopping everything we ask them to etc)
  2. doing performance work to make all browsers on all devices playback smoothly.

For the moment, experiement with browsers/devices combos settings and share your results here. :robot: :bug: :hammer:

1 Like

Hi Ben,

Software development seams to be an endless quest for patience.

I’m still waiting for the Philips Hue Sync that you teased many years ago on DragonTalk just because - the features you have a great tho! many thanks to the whole team for 22 and the 23 year to come.

1 Like

900%!!!

Yes, lighting control is STILL something cool I would love… but it’s not even ON the list yet… there’s still so much other good stuff to do.

It is fun to mention it every now and then and make smoke come out of the ears of my dev team.

Of course, is there anyone out there who might have the time to have a go at this… it MIGHT be something we can help someone have the tools to take a look at as a 3rd party thing… utililising our API… (lay an interface over the top of OUR interface and catch the starts and stops and send lighting calls as well)… oo look… smoke coming out of the ears of my dev team! :smiley: