We are excited to announce the Syrinscape Web Player!

Hi there,

Just to be clear here, are you using Foundry v10 now?

As of last night, it was working perfectly for me on V9 through chrome and through Kenku!

@frondeus did mention to me that it should work on v10 however I’m sure he’ll be able to elaborate further.

Hi.
Thanks for reply.
Yes I am using FoundryVTT v10.
I have found that I need to open new tab with syrinscape web, login to my account and click on “play now”. After that is all transfered to site app.syrinscape.com. Now when I open new tab with FondryVTT and try syrinscape module it works.
Is possible to have it working without this - to have only FoundryVTT opened in tab without another tab with app.syrinscape.com ?
I tried to recreate API key, but it not helped.

When you go to the sound or musical note icon in the top right, click on that, at the top have you got the option to search for a soundset?

I think you need to search in there then import to your world before you can play what you want. Although technically it’s not importing it’s just linking to Syrinscape web player.

Do this without Syrinscape open in another tab.

Also have you updated the Syrincontrol module to the latest version.

I’m working on an update. Currently, the recent pre-release version might not work on v10.

I have module updated and integrated. So I could select soundsets.
When I press play on some mood, FoundryVTT shows notification it is playng it.
But I do not hear any sound. Only if i login to app.syrinscape.com in another tab then it is ok.
I looked in code and console in browser and it says it could not find link to syrinscape:Failed to load resource: the server responded with a status of 404 ()
Link is here:
https://syrinscape.com/online/frontend-api/moods//play/?auth_token=(deleted)
After I go to this link syrinscape web shows it does not exist. That is maybe error in module…

Thanks. It is good to have it. Syrinscape is wonderfull

Thank you, so much, @frondeus, for the AWESOME work you have done with your extension! AND in particular in taking what we’ve built in the Web Player and making it something that can happen INSIDE Foundry (once all the updating etc is all worked out). :slight_smile:

You are amazing! :fire: :beers: :pizza: :trophy:

Is there any way that the web player and online player will end up playing the same thing?

Just can’t say enough about the work Frondeus has done. I have a gameboard (new device that integrates with Foundry) and I was able to set up automation for spells on a character’s sheet using Syrincontrol and Midi-Qol such that when a player casts a spell, it automatically triggers the syirnscape oneshot that I have attached without the web player or anything else open. And, I don’t notice any latency. Its just played natively within Foundry.

The person connected to my Foundry with their gameboard over the internet heard the sounds instantly as well through his gameboard. Amazing!

1 Like

Question for you. I noticed that when my player is connected remotely and he triggers a sound that calls syrincape using the “item macro” in Mid-qol, if I have his permission set to “player” it doesn’t trigger the sound, but if I have him set to “GM” then it does trigger the sound. I know I read something about GM calls in Midi-qol but wondering if you think this behavior is something in syrincontrol or mid-qol. So cool that this is working.

Oh… and I’m using the last v9 of Foundry and the alpha version of Syrincontrol.

What is a gameboard?

Its basically a large touchscreen device. It has games built in and connectivity with a number of VTT’s including Foundry. You can put minis on the gameboard and move them across the touchscreen and it will recognize the placement, show line of site, etc… Pretty cool but pricey! :slight_smile:

I had a play with one at GenCon and it seemed pretty amazing! Are you using yours in online games @lordgwydione? I’d only thought of them as a cool accessory for the table

Not yet but I’m going to try and run a oneshot using it.

Hi. Gameboard is very wonderfull and interesting. I am waiting for my. Because I am from Europe it will take longer to have it… :upside_down_face: :wink:

1 Like

Something I have noticed intentional or not I have a syrinscape sub and so does the DM that I play with. I use FGU and now if he’s in session and I play music I can override his music…its both comical and problematic. Anyone else encounter anything similar?

Ok, i’ve been trying the online player with 6 players on foundry via the forge. I use chrome for the both pages. It works a litle but with incredible lags and i had many connexion lost (wich is rare) . i have a high speed internet (900 MO/S) so it may be a trouble with chrome ? i’m sad because at this moment i cannot use the great sounds from syrinscape. Any idea ?

Seriously try Kenku FM and actually play your game in the Kenku FM browser.

Ok. I’ve build the Kenku FM Bot. What URL do i have to put in it ?

Your foundry one if you have Syrincontrol or use Syrinscape web player in Kenku.