Volume too low on all soundsets

I downloaded the free Syrinscape player on my windows 8 laptop and all the soundsets that I have tried to play I can barely hear. I’ve turned the volume all the way up but still can barely hear any of the affects. I’ve tried all the sound options in the settings tab but came up empty and set it back to the default setting of stereo. My sound is working. I have tried other players and it works fine.

Is there something I missed? Is there a problem with Windows 8? Is this because I haven’t set up a subscription? I’m at a loss.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Hi @dbuzz83,

Nothing to do with subbing or not subbing. :smiley:

Depending on your laptop you should be able to get plenty of sound out of Syrinscape., not enough for a game (mainly because not enough base), but plenty still.

Is the master volume up (middle at the bottom)?

Volume up on w"Volume Mixer" = right click on the little speaker in the tray and click “open volume mixer”.

Other things are loud on your system, I’m presuming?

Hi Benjamin,

Thank you for the reply! I am so excited to use this player! I am going to buy the Dragon Heist sound set. My PCs are going to be blown away with this!

Anyway, I am running a Sony Viao 2.50GHz, i5 processor with 64 bit windows 8.1. I have 6Gb memory installed.

I have the master volume turned up all the way and my volume on my laptop up to 100. When I turn the volume all the way up you can hear the sounds but only if the room is completely quiet.

Above is a screenshot of what I’ve done so far.

Thanks again and I am really looking forward to using this.

Don

The busy market day mood of Brindol Town is rather quiet. Do you get the same effect with Bugbear battle? Is it only the laptop speakers you are using?

I didn’t even think to try that sound set! That one plays much better! Now I feel like I need to fill out the ID10T form and submit it.

Yes, I am just using the built in speakers on the laptop. I am really wanting to hear the full affect with the bass though! I am going to start looking for a good set of speakers to use.

Thanks for the help.

No problem. Laptop speakers should only be used in an emergency. Even inexpensive $20 speakers give a better result than most laptop speakers. :slight_smile: