Volume boost over 100%?

Is it possible to set a one-shot’s volume to over 100%? I have a few sounds that are pretty low, and instead of editing each one, thought I would confirm first in case I’m missing something?

Otherwise, the ability to set the volume over 100% for an audio boost would be nice!

Hi @Jamz, No I’m afraid not. 100% is as high as the Syrinscape SoundSet Creator can take it so you would have to record at a higher level I’m afraid if you wanted louder output or reduce the other sounds so that the one shot is the loudest. I normally have my sounds set to a max of 80% so that if I do want something to stand out I can take it higher.

Also make sure that you have both the mood and the samples volume set high and that the distance is not to great otherwise the Creator will reduce the samples volume.

Thanks, I’ll check the distance and see if setting it to 0 meters helps. Sometimes it’s a real chore to manage all the sound volumes during play! :smile:

1 Like

Hi @jamz

On thing I experience when building is volume creep, where everything seems to get louder and louder and louder.

I often focus on an element and think “hmmmm, I’d like to be able to hear that a little better”. Up the volume goes. After a while of this I add some new element and can’t find any way of making it audible over the racket.

So good practice, is to periodically drop the level of everthing by 30% or so…

Remember you can also set everything reasonably low and then make up the distant to loudness with the SoundSet setting, Initial Volume, which gives a boost to everything up to 200%.

Does that all make sense> :smile:

AHH! So I can’t boost a single one shot but I can lower them all but the one or two and then boost the soundset!? Sweet, that actually works fine!

I have a collection I call “Combat Banter” and most of the voices are about right, but I missed that option. I think it’s gonna work out great now.

2 Likes

Yay! :smile:

Keep asking questions btw, what you don’t know will be useful to others too!