Variable Sample Volume

Hi Ben!

Would it be possible to add a feature for variable sample volume? Right now, we can specify a volume range for a sample. But the chosen volume is constant throughout playback. Many background loops sound much more organic and immersive when the volume varies throughout playback. (And very INorganic when the volume shifts between loop points.)

For example, I have a loop track of wind blowing through the leaves in a forest. Allowing the volume to continuously cycle through the selected range makes it sound like the wind is picking up and dropping off naturally. Or rain, or ambient drones… The same is true with most background loops really…

Perhaps adding a “Variable Volume” checkbox, along with a “Rate of change” slider? Or even a “Random rate of change” slider option to make it super organic!

Thanks!

• Zach

Nice idea.

The way I do this already is:

1. Break a long loop into smaller parts = 1 minute to 2 minutes
  2. Put them all in an element with an overlap of 10 seconds or so
  3. Set the volume playback range = on the sample entry in the Playlist to a range (it defaults to 100%)

Then each time a chunk get’s played back it will come out at a different volume cross-fading between chunks.

Does that do that for you?

Also = THANKS for your support as a subscriber! :pizza::+1::cookie::beers:

Thanks! I’ll play around and see what I can come up with!

1 Like