Using personal sounds

Trying to understand licensing on the Creator. Can I upload sounds that I personally own for my own use or does that somehow make them available for others?

ie. If I buy a license to a sound that is a “don’t distribute to others” license, can I still use it in my Syrinscape library?

Hi @CodeCowboy, yes you can. Sounds are uploaded to our server but are encoded and compressed. The only person that can play them is you. If you then wanted the soundset to be made public you would then need to confirm that it contains no copyrighted material, we would then double check this before telling the server to make it public

For personal use you can upload any sounds that you own up to the server, just as you can upload any music up to iTunes

Hope that makes sense?

It does, thank you. Also, When I push the sound collection up to the cloud is that asking for it to be public or only available to my other devices?

Also, When I attempt to re-publish it creates (1) and (2) versions etc. However I can’t see the old ones (or new ones) to get rid of them?