Using offline players with Elgate Stream Deck

Yes, little nasty bug. I hope this is fixed as soon as possible :slight_smile:

Do I need to report this problem in some formal way or the devs will pick it up from here?

@Valyar Does the syrinscape-sci-fi:// URL work, if you just paste it into a browser instead of attempting to trigger it via the Stream Deck?

The Sciā€“Fi player URLs does not work in browser or when launched via the Run utility. Only Fantasy player and its proxy seem to be registered in the system.

Can someone confirm if this bug was taken by the development team? It is getting quite in the way as I am using Sci-Fi only.

It is one we are aware of and working on a fix

Thank you! Looking forward to the fix :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Hello, @Steve
Can You tell us, will fix be available this week?

Itā€™s on the devā€™s list, which they are working through but wonā€™t be this week Iā€™m afraid. They are working on some larger tickets first, which need to take priority. Iā€™ll check with @sonofconan and see where things are with this one

1 Like

Any progress on that? :slight_smile:

Any progress on that?

@sonofconan can you give us an update on this. Do the sci-fi player URLs now work properly?

Any news here? There is zero update.

Time for the monthly bumpā€¦ come on guys.

Good luck. Bug fixes arenā€™t a strong point for Syrinscape unfortunately. Been dealing with one for years now where all of my custom moods get randomly deleted. The offline players seem to be a pretty low priority since the online player became available.

Yes, I can see that. Well, hope dies list.
Any update on this?

Really sorry I canā€™t be of any help here :frowning: Iā€™m just the social media wizard but we appreciate you bumping it. Weā€™re a small team so we appreciate your patience. @ryan.cassar, @benjaminā€¦any input from you guys on this that could be useful?

If this is just about the Sci-Fi player not handling the integration URLs, this was an installer bundling issue that should have been fixed with the latest release. It is listed here in the Release Notes:

• [Genre Players] [Sci-Fi] Fix the protocol handler registration for 3rd party integration.

Have you tried installing v1.4.11-p9?

1 Like

Thanks Ryan, the .11 version fixes the issue.

1 Like

Glad to hear it! Sorry we didnā€™t find your thread to let you know when we released it. You can see by the patch number we had a few goes at this version, so quite pleased to put a bow on that one and call it done.

3 Likes