Uploaded Audio Sounds Mono When Played Back

I have just started using Syrinscape, so I don’t know if this is normal, but I noticed that all of my audio that I uploaded to Syrinscape appears to play back mono.

I can play the audio locally through Spotify and the same audio files I uploaded play wonderfully in stereo, with the different sounds and instruments playing in both my left and right headphones independently.

I value high quality audio, so I was quite disappointed to find the drop in quality when I uploaded to Syrinscape. Is this just a fact of the service, or is this something that I can change?

Hi @banana.2000bill

If you are uploading samples and what the full stereo spread rather than having the sound positioned by Syrinscape. Non Diagetic music usually is set like this… you need to uncheck is_3D on the sample in the sample listing that appears when you click on it.

Let me know if you have any trouble making that happen.

And NOTE: to make sure you are not missing anything else important and helpful like this, consider having a watch of these tutorials:

Then ask some more questions as you need. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hi Ben. Wow I can’t believe it was that simple; I feel a fool. That has done it. Thank you very much for your help.

1 Like

Howdy! Still getting this issue now with music playback as mono even though the “3D position” is not enabled. Thank you for any help!

This is in the app, btw. In the browser player it’s fine!